Anyone gotten a booster shot?

Yeah, she is credentialed in her field, but the field we’re talking about is virology, which is not her thing, at least on her cv.

Interesting thread to catch up on because medical lad and I just had this conversations today in the car. Around him, folks are pro-booster for those over 50 + those with co-morbidities, so definitely not all young docs are advising against it. It might vary based upon location and how much Covid is rising in an area?

I don’t regret getting ours - and I’m also glad they have new treatments.

3 Likes

I had my second booster today. Last one was early October. I had the shot at 2:15, and I’m patiently waiting for my arm to start aching! I figure that will happen about bedtime. X strength Tylenol whether I need it…or not.

2 Likes

I got my second booster on Monday and my arm never started hurting. It only really hurt (and just for a day or two) after M1 and M2. A little fatigue after M2 and first booster (P). And that was it for side effects for me!

1 Like

Two days after my second booster and I’m feeling much better. Still some very minor body aches, and that’s about it besides the big red lump on my arm at the injection site!

3 Likes

The trade off may be that longer spacing results in higher immune response in the end, but means a longer period of time at lower level of immunity from having only one dose (or fewer than the final number of doses).

I think the issue is they make one set of rules (2 shots and 1 booster) for everyone. Those checking shot records aren’t asked to make a determination whether this person ‘really’ had covid, or just said they did, whether two cases of covid equals a booster, if one shot plus covid is as good as 2 shots…

I recently went to a theater show and the people checking the covid cards were ushers, not experts.

I hope she feels better soon!

My sequence is MMMM. First three made me fell poorly for a day. 2nd booster, only had a sore arm for a day, nothing more.

Late last week, the CDC strengthened its recommendation for a second booster for adults 50+. I will get one, but I’m trying to decide whether to go with Pfizer again or switch to a Moderna booster.

I just made an appointment and exuded to switch to Moderna after 3 Pfizer

Just made my appointment for Tuesday and I’m sticking with Moderna. Last booster didn’t bother me too much so I figure there’s no reason to rock the boat.

We got our boosters last weekend. Other than sore arms, we did not feel a thing. 4 P. We figured we needed some extra immunity because kid is bringing a horde of millennials into our house in two weeks to do a pre-wedding party. Yikes. And LOL!

2 Likes

Got Evusheld ten days ago. Zero side effects. Two shots in my bum, and I wasn’t even sore.
I’m now at MMM (full doses) M(booster) and E (monoclonal antibodies). Am eligible for the second booster in June, but now that I have Evusheld, we will try to strategically time the next booster, esp if we anticipate travel.

4 Likes

Was it a change from “can receive second booster” to “should receive second booster”? Or something else?

My understanding is the recommendation for a second booster went from “can” to “should” for adults between 50 and 65.

1 Like

Are you eligible?

Right now, you are eligible for a 2nd COVID-19 booster if you:

• Are 50 years of age or older and got your 1st booster at least 4 months ago
  • Are 12 years of age or older, and are moderately or severely immunocompromised, and got your 1st booster at least 4 months ago
  • Are 18 years of age or older and got 2 doses of J&J/Janssen vaccine at least 4 months ago

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html

I am trying to decide on the timing and also whether to switch to M from PPP. I got pretty sick from the 3rd P, which I actually found reassuring the last time. I was originally concerned about reacting to ingredients. Moderna has different ingredients so the only reason I would stick with P is that I did not have any sensitivity reaction. I read on this forum that M doubles antibodies and P slightly less at x 1.6. Also that M givess “mucosal immunity” which addresses the nasal entry point of the virus.

We opted to get Moderna to boost our 3 P shots. I have read it may provide slightly stronger immunity to mix them. None of the 3 of us (me, H nor 92 year old mom) had significant side effects from any of our shots. We were 7 months post booster when we had our 2nd booster.

1 Like

My husband and I got our second boosters as we had to fly to the west coast from Boston for a wedding which we did not want to do because of rising case numbers but hard to miss a wedding. He got covid anyway but it seems relatively mild. Really hoping my booster helps with me not catching it. He is isolating and using a separate bathroom. Windows are open. Hoping for the best.