Anyone have insight on the Honda Co-op?

<p>DS was just offered a co-op in the spring for Honda, just curious if any of you know anyone who has done this.</p>

<p>what major? where is it?</p>

<p>i always wondered what kind of $$ they get paid for co-op. anyone know?</p>

<p>He’s an ME major. The plant is in Lincoln, near Talladega.</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son. RTR!!</p>

<p>Wow, that is awesome! Son’s freshman year roommate is doing a co-op with Mercedes this semester. He started as an aero major, but I believe he’s now also an ME major. Don’t know anything about the money or where he’s living, but I know he was going to live at the Woodlands this year, and he may still be doing that.</p>

<p>Could I ask about the opportunities for Freshman? For those who posted previously in this thread, is your student a current Freshman? I have tried to stay up on the co-op events and the office, etc. but if there are tricks I would like to know if you don’t mind. My son is also in Mechanical. Thanks!</p>

<p>I believe a friend of my son’s who is in CBH started her mechanical engineering co-op during her second year. She may have been classified as a junior at that point, though, due to AP. Her co-op is with Alabama Power, and she is an Alabama resident, so maybe she had some inside information. As others have noted in other posts, it seems there is an active co-op office, but summer internships are very difficult to get, as we unfortunately found out last summer.</p>

<p>My freshman son registered with the co-op office even though he’s not certain he really wants to co-op, but was told that it was a good way to get practice interviewing.</p>

<p>I watched the emails he got from the co-op office and noticed that the first week of sign ups they allow sophomores, juniors, and seniors to select up to 5 companies that they want to interview with. Once those students fill those interview slots and select from all the more popular options, the second week freshman are allowed to sign up for the interview spots that are ‘left over’. I looked at the options for my son’s major of civil right before he could have signed up and there were only 2 companies left for him to choose from.</p>

<p>It seems that it is better for students to wait until their sophomore year when they can select a company that appeals to them instead of rushing into it during freshman year and settling for the left overs, especially since a good percentage of co-op students get employment offers from the companies they co-op with.</p>