Anyone headed down for the Ole Miss game this weekend?

<p>Hi All,
We are headed to T-Town on Friday to visit our son and attend the game on Saturday. Is anyone else going to the game? If anyone is tailgating I would love to meet up with you all. We don’t have definite plans yet with my son but I know he will be busy with MDB stuff and just stuff!! We are staying in Hoover so lots of driving back and forth which is ok.</p>

<p>Looking forward to seeing that beautiful campus. I haven’t been there for 1.5 years.</p>

<p>Not going to be there, we went for Parents Weekend, but I have to say, the MDB was awesome this weekend. I encourage anyone who does not have a ticket to the game, to go to the Quad before the game and watch the MDB. The drums and xylophone performance in particular gave me goosebumps!</p>

<p>We will be there. Looking forward to the excitement on the Quad. Looking forward to seeing the MDB, cheerleaders, tailgaters, and my D!</p>

<p>We’ll be there. We are bringing my senior daughter and her boyfriend for a quick campus visit Friday after our long drive from Texas. After that We will be visiting our two boys who are students there. I don’t think we can plan a meet since we don’t know what we will be doing, but I will be wearing a Bama mom pin. :slight_smile: I am guessing we will be taking the boys for haircuts and stocking up their pantries.</p>

<p>Wishing everyone a great time. I know it is hard to meet up with people on game weekends when we haven’t seen our kids for some time. We figured we would just walk around and enjoy all the festivities. My son will be busy with the band but I know we will have at least a few meals together. And a trip to the grocery store, and …</p>

<p>Looks like great weather!</p>

<p>We’ll be there and plan on tailgating with our son’s roommates and their parents at their fraternity. We are also going to Gallette’s for a yellowhammer. PM me and we can exchange info.
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Here’s a free, helpful tip. When watching the band on the quad, do not stand under a tree.</p>

<p>“Here’s a free, helpful tip. When watching the band on the quad, do not stand under a tree.”</p>

<p>Hahahahah!</p>

<p>^ Laugh now, but when it sounds like rain and then suddenly instead a tree branch comes hurtling towards you and whacks you smack dab on top of the head, you may not find it so funny. :)</p>

<p>^
Oh, my bad. I was thinking birds. :)</p>

<p>Hope you’re ok!</p>

<p>Class2012mom - I must have missed something. I didn’t realize you were injured at band practice. What the heck! I know those trees of which you speak. I think I’ll stand on the other side of the field this weekend.</p>

<p>lovemykids- sending you a pm today.</p>

<p>I saw kids climbing trees on the quad at the pep rally. I didn’t think that was a good idea.</p>

<p>Hokiefan, it was in that whole thread CSU thread that was deleted for some odd reason. </p>

<p>Was not at practice but at the Elephant Stomp. It was a smaller size limb - maybe 6’ long and 4" in diameter at the largest point. It just fell for no apparent reason. No harm done. It was on the eastern side (or the right when facing the band, pretty sure that’s east). </p>

<p>There was a girl who had climbed the tree to get a better view of the band. I was envious of her spot.</p>

<p>It did get deleted??? Maybe it was you calling people in Alabama “plain” ;)</p>

<p>Thanks for setting me straight. I’ll be on the lookout for loose limbs!</p>

<p>^ Be on the look up! </p>

<p>And who knows where that CSU thread went to and why, but I sure don’t see it anymore.</p>

<p>Maybe it was embellished? Y’all are nice at Bama but that was over the top?</p>

<p>LOL! Darnit! And I was hoping there was some nice soul that was just throwing out tickets to boxes for the games. :)</p>

<p>BamaAF and family will be on Quad tailgating with oldest daughter and her boyfriend who are students. Will be on the very NW corner of Quad, right next to walkway.</p>