Anyone thinking about applying to UMiami class of 2016?

<p>I'm going to be applying next year for marine science/biology, and I was just wondering how many of you are going to be applying as well. Also list what major you are interested in. Thanks!</p>

<p>I’ll be aplying. I live in South Florida. I dont know my major yet but I wanna do pre-med.</p>

<p>I’m planning on applying. I’m interested in the Music Technology program. I hate how the music school won’t let you apply EA. Unfortunately, it’s gonna take a miracle for me to go there, since we can’t really afford to pay $50,000+ per year.</p>

<p>As long as you have good grades you should get a pretty good merit scholarship, I’m aiming for the Singer (full tuition)</p>

<p>GA resident, plan to major in accounting or finance. But if they dont give my aid I’ll go to UF lol</p>

<p>I’m definitely applying. This has been my dream school since the age of 12! Hoping for a good scholarship or else I’m screwed.</p>

<p>What are you planning on majoring in?</p>

<p>Most likely biology: pre-med track.</p>

<p>MEEEEEEEEEEEEE i will for a english major baby !!! whoot</p>

<p>I will be applying (:
Hopefully I’ll major in some type of business.</p>

<p>I’ll be in Pre-Med too most likely. Dont know what my major will be but I heard its actually good if its not a science.</p>

<p>^^^not true lol. If you are going to med school, why would you study anything else?</p>

<p>You can study anything for pre-med as long as you knock out the med school requirements as electives (organic chem, bio etc.).</p>

<p>They like to see diversity. A higher number of humanities majors like sociology among others get accepted into med school than biology majors</p>

<p>bumping up an old thread here, but I might be applying for marine science as well :p</p>

<p>excuse my misinformed comment</p>

<p>i know this is old but… anyone taking ap or ib classes? how effective do you think it is in getting into a good college?</p>

<p>^I’m taking both, and it can definitely benefit you (college credit) as well as give you an extra edge in college admissions (rigorous course load).</p>

<p>I’m taking AP credits (our school doesn’t offer ib), and I agree with all that CaliAdVitam said :)</p>

<p>yeah, my school doesn’t really have a lot of AP courses (I’ve only taken AP world) but we do have the IB program which I’m doing diploma. i was actually looking at the IB website and it said that over 90% of IB diploma candidates are admitted so I’m feeling pretty optimistic.</p>

<p>the only thing i’m afraid of is actually getting college credit. I know a girl who graduated from my school last year with the IB diploma and is a freshman at Tulane and didn’t receive any college credit; she was pretty bummed about it. </p>

<p>I don’t want that to happen to me:/</p>