AP and SAT Official Score Reports to UC Schools?

I was wondering, if I am applying to multiple UC schools, whether I send official score reports through college board to one of the schools or individually to all of the ones I am applying to?

UCs are test blind for SAT. You don’t send those at all.

For AP scores, you send to the campus you’re attending.

1 Like

SAT and ACT scores are not used in admission, but they can be used to pass the Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR). You don’t need to have the score sent until you are admitted and are enrolling in a specific UC. Here is more information about the ELWR: Entry Level Writing Requirement | University of California

1 Like

As stated by several posters, the UC’s are test blind so test scores are not considered for admission or scholarships. You can self- report test scores which will be used for course placement or to fulfill ELWR. AP scores can be also self-reported since a few campuses do consider these scores in their admission review.

Official reports can be sent upon enrolling at a UC campus.

A quick question- There’s no place to reportSAT/ACT score in UC Application except part of ELWR.
That’s also asking SAT writing and Language score only.

1 Like

Should we send SAT score to UC’s or how to report in UC application? Or don’t talk about SAT at all? My son has very SAT score hence checking. Really appreciate if you could confirm

The UCs do not use the SAT in admissions. If your son plans to use the SAT to pass the ELWR, he can send the score later on when he enrolls.

1 Like

I noticed you mentioned the SAT writing and language subscore. I assume you are referring to this part of the application (screenshot below). For a student applying from a country where the language of instruction is not English, this subscore can be used to demonstrate English proficiency, although the other tests mentioned are preferred.