Ap Credit questions and help

Hi,
So I was wondering why do some school’s accept certain ap scores and let you out of classes when other’s don’t? My current school let get out of “Intro to Psych” and passed me to a higher level class with a 4 on the AP psych exam. However, at the school I want to transfer to in order to get out of “Intro to Psych” I needed a 5. I asked the advisor at my transfer school what I needed to be able to transfer and he says I now need to take Intro to Psych instead of the psych course I had. It’s just interesting to me, could this be due to the school’s rank or how hard college classes are?

My guess is the difficulty/material covered in the class. AP courses are just average/middling college course level. Some colleges cover much more in their versions. UW may have students start with first semester calculus even though AP calculus was taken and the exam “passed”. Some colleges accept no AP credits.

Rankings are done by outside sources and will not determine whether or not a school accepts credits from elsewhere, AP or another college.