AP Credit…

Perhaps the OP got a 5 on physics C mechanics (which Purdue allows to cover PHYS 172) but not on physics C E&M (which would have been needed to cover PHYS 272).

1 Like

Yes. I got 5 on mechanical and 4 on E and M. There is a one semester eng design course called Engr 13000 for students who have credit for Phys 17200. I was given credit for Phys 17220 for the 5 on the AP exam.

And they have a newer one semester Engr design course called Engr 13000 that is only one semester long that replaces 131/132. It is for students who already have Phys 17200 from AP credit.

I have credit for 17200.

I talked to Engineering department and they recommended I do 161/162 even though I have Physics 172. She said they are really great course and you learn so much about Mechanical Engineering. Only thing is that now I won’t be able to apply for T2M until May instead of after first semester.

I didn’t even know you could skip 161. It was required when my D was a freshman.

Definitely don’t skip! It was her favorite class freshman year.

1 Like

Well I was going to take the accelerated one semester course Engr 13000 which allows me to be done FYE after the first semester.

Only classes listed on the FYE Requirements page will count towards your Engineering Admission Index (EAI) when you t2m. make sure to take a look at those.