AP English Lit and AP English Lang Comp credit

<p>3 credits is better than 0 credits! Thanks again for the follow through and update! </p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>Yes, I contacted the English Dept and they will be updating their website to correct the error.</p>

<p>It is 3 humanities credits, not 6.</p>

<p>Well, 3 is better than 6… :)</p>

<p>???

</p>

<p>do you mean 3 is better than 0?</p>

<p>Has anyone done well self studying for these? S is not a great writer but is taking a one semester advanced comp class (not AP designated but teacher said it will help him with the writing portion.) He is also an avid reader of classic literature, perhaps that would help himwith the lit test. I hate to make him work on preparing for either of these if he has no chance of getting a 4.</p>

<p>I am sure everyone has their own opinion, but what study guides do you recommend?</p>

<p>My younger son, who isn’t a great writer, did do a self-study and took the test and got out of Frosh Comp I and II. He does know the grammar rules and such, so that makes a difference.</p>

<p>According to him, AP English Comp isn’t hard to self-study for.</p>

<p>He used Princeton Review</p>

<p>The announcement of UA giving additional credit for students who take both AP English exams.</p>

<p>As for CLEP, one can take the exams at any CLEP testing center. I took mine on a US Navy base. Civilians can often easily get security clearances to take CLEP exams on military bases; some facilities don’t require security clearances. I called to schedule a test a of couple days in advance, paid the fee at the testing center, got my score right after I finished the exam, and cancelled the corresponding AP test the next day just hours before I was to take it and even got a partial refund.</p>