Applied to the University of Miami

<p>I applied via the common app to the University of Miami, and I haven't gotten a confirmation email from them yet. On their website it says that I should get an email with instructions to set up my CaneLink account, but I never received one. So I created my own account but now I am having problems logging into CaneLink. I keep getting an error message. Is anyone else having this problem?</p>

<p>I just read in the NYtimes about problems with the common app, not specifically related to UM though. If you are concerned, call or email the admissions office to make sure what should have been sent to them has been received.</p>

<p>The article is in today’s NYTimes. Google it and read it.</p>

<p>My son is in the same boat. He applied two weeks ago and never got a confirmation. We did the same thing you did and got the same error. I called a technical support number on Friday and was told that until they receive your application, your Canelink account will not work. My son is going to email admissions tomorrow to ask whether the application has been received.</p>

<p>You can call them both, the people of Common ap and UMiami. Do not levar things for the last minute when thousands will be on the phone too.The problem of setting up your own CaneLink is that it might not get linked to your Common ap. My son ended up with two CaneLink numbers and I had to call and merge them before the notifications were sent by email to his Cane account.</p>

<p>My D applied in the middle of September and still did not get confirmation from them. They wrote back that there is a glitch in Common App that doesn’t allow them to upload application.</p>

<p>My daughter will apply soon. Not good news.</p>