Applying as out of state?

<p>Hello, </p>

<p>I am a transfer student and I will be applying to UCSC for fall 2013. I don’t know however if the following would increase my chances of admissions. I have heard that international and out-of-state students have an easier time getting accepted versus in-state applicants because of budget crisis. Most of my credits are from state A but I moved to California last year where i worked and went to school for two quarters. According to my most recent tax return I declared myself as a resident of state A, but since i worked in California this year, I can actually declare myself as a resident of California for tax purposes which would entitle me in-state tuition, were I to get accepted to UCSC. I wanted to know if applying as out-of-state would increase my chances at all versus applying as in-state? If i were to get accepted i would then file a tax return and declare myself as a California resident and file a residency change for tuition purposes.</p>

<p>It’s actually the opposite. OOS and international students have a much harder time getting in simply because CCC students have first priority and will always have first priority. Did you attend a CCC? Apply as in-state if you can as it is a huge savings in tuition.</p>

<p>If you were attending a California community college during the two quarters, declaring yourself as a California resident will significantly increase your chance of admission. You should consider enrolling at a CCC for one more regular term; attendance at a CCC for a full academic year (3 regular term quarters or 2 regular term semesters; excluding summer terms) gives you priority for admission consideration.</p>