Applying to Ivies Class of 2013

<p>Who here is planning on applying to an ivy?</p>

<p>I’m applying to University of Pennsylvania, and Yale :)</p>

<p>As for me, I’m planning on applying to UPenn and Columbia. :D</p>

<p>Harvard and Columbia! (Maybe Princeton and UPenn)</p>

<p>Columbia, UPenn, Princeton and maybe Harvard…</p>

<p>im applying to yale, princeton, upenn, and dartmouth</p>

<p>don’t know where but i’m definitely applying…
just praying a lot <3</p>

<p>thats great to hear all of us aiming so high! Well, i thought maybe we could post stats, ideas for essays, and that sort of thing. Maybe we can help each other through all of this!</p>

<p>Im doing Harvard, UPenn (ED), Princeton and Cornell</p>

<p>You guys wanna post stats?</p>

<p>I’m applying to Harvard, Princeton, Yale, and Cornell. 4.30 w/ 3.93 uw 2010 SAT 32 ACT
ECs-Football - Quarterback,Basketball, Track
Potential NMSF and National Achievement</p>

<p>For privacy reasons, I’m not gonna go into much detail :stuck_out_tongue:
SAT: 2nd time 2150-2250. Not taking them again.<br>
Subject Test: Math II, Chem and French (taking them next week)
ACT: Taking them in two weeks
GPA: 4.05 W, 3.8-3.9ish UW. My school doesn’t rank
APs: Human Geo (5), French (4/5?), Lang (5?), APES (3/4?)
ECs: research/humanitarian work
Awards: national/international science fair awards. </p>

<p>Next year’s schedule:
Adv French Lit
AP Latin
AP Calc AB
AP Lit
AP Bio
Physics
AP Gov</p>

<p>Applying to HYPSM and all other Ivies except for Columbia. I can’t really do the NYC thing…
SAT: 2230
SATII: 800 - MathIIC,Chemistry 740 - US History
ACT: 33 - probably not reporting because of poor writing score 8/12… and because of cash :slight_smile:
GPA: 4.6W/4.0UW Rank: 1/367
AP: Psych(5),Human Geo(5) Pending - USH, Chem, Spanish Lang, Comp Sci, Calc BC, English Lang
ECs: Mostly community service, cello/orchestra, and research this summer
Awards: Pending NMSF, couple local leadership awards blah blah</p>

<p>Senior Schedule:
AP Physics B
AP US Gov
AP Macro
AP Lit
AP Bio
AP Envi Sci
AP Stats</p>

<p>nice! have any of you guys started writing your essays?</p>

<p>Hello! H.S 2012er here :)</p>

<p>If you guys haven’t started writing or brainstorming your essays yet, you should get started! I can’t stress enough how important your writing is. If you’re having trouble getting an idea of how the college essay should be written, I’d highly recommend any version of 50 Successful Harvard Application Essays. Not because it’s “Harvard’s,” but because it has actual, well written essays by accepted students, and it offers a brief summary on strengths and weaknesses following each essay. It’s really a great source, and it certainly helped me. </p>

<p>If you guys have any questions, feel free to hit me up!</p>

<p>Hey Kali, did you apply early to any schools?</p>

<p>I applied to the University of Chicago and Georgetown Early Action. I was being recruited for track at Chicago, and I figured it would better my chances to apply early to Georgetown because it’s my sister’s alma mater.</p>

<p>SAT: 2010 (CR-620, M-720, W-670) 1st sitting. i’ll retake it in September
SAT II: 750 on World History. I’ll take Math 1 and Chemistry in October
GPA: 98.46 weighted. around 96.5 unweighted (my school only weights AP classes, and that’s only if you pass)
AP: World History (5) Took APUSH and English Lang this year
EC: NHS, Newspaper, community service in church, Varsity Bowling, tutor other students in physics. STEM programs at local college over the summer since freshman year. Also took 2 college courses at the college this school year and got A’s in both.
Awards: Commended for National Achievement, Semi-Finalist in city wide competition (as a sophomore, when mostly seniors participate in this competition), Questbridge College Prep Scholar, other small awards</p>

<p>Senior year schedule (i had to drop lunch to take all of this) :
AP Calculus BC (double period)
AP Chemistry (double period)
Latin (we don’t have AP Latin)
Humanities
Government/Economics
Health (required)</p>

<p>I’m worried that my stat’s won’t be good enough for Ivy League because I don’t have any leadership positions in my EC’s. can someone please help me out?</p>

<p>^ Be aware that there is no SAT’s in September. Keep working hard and having fun AND make sure you have both financial and academic safeties. </p>

<p>Not much time to develop leadership positions at this time. Work with the hand you currently have and stand out. Good luck to you!</p>

<p>^ thanks for the advice learninginprog. i can’t believe that i’m a junior and i didn’t know that (Fail). so i’ll just take the SAT again in November. and i’ll just stick with the EC’s i have like you said. and i plan on applying to 4 SUNY’s for safeties (i live in NY)</p>