Applying

<p>I’m applying to UA, great school, and likely good scholarships as a out of state student with a efc of 0. Likely should have all my stuff submitted by the end of the week, any information on this school?</p>

<p>I’m applying also this week, I’ve heard they have terrible housing that’s very crowded. What is efc?</p>

<p>expected family contribution</p>

<p>Yeah, the housing is crowded, but it’s not terrible if you apply early.</p>

<p>For scholarships: we have full-rides for NMS and NHS. Out-of-state students are eligible for a Wildcat Excellence Award. (Decent amount, can’t remember it off the top of my head, but it’s on the website.)</p>

<p>Any specific information you want?</p>

<p>Is the university prestige more towards the west coast than it is nationaly? Like only applying to a graduate school at Harvard, may have a better chance of admission at Stanford due to being more prestige west coast than nationaly.</p>

<p>I’m not entirely sure. I get the feeling it’s more well-known on the west coast, depending on the program. For example, our astronomy program is known nationally and would look pretty good for grad school. There’s a bunch of rankings for the different programs off of the home page.</p>

<p>How would you rank their economics, political science, and international relations/ studies programs?</p>

<p>Personally? I’ve never taken courses in any of those during college, and I don’t have any friends in those programs. </p>

<p>Sorry that I’m no help, but I primarily know about the school in general and my program (science). :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe another poster have info on that.</p>

<p>just curious. wats NMS and NHS?</p>

<p>NMS: National Merit Scholar. NHS: National Hispanic Scholar. Sorry about that. :P</p>

<p>Was accepted yesterday, great news.</p>

<p>

UA is best known for their outstanding science programs, but they get pretty decent NRC rankings in econ and political science.

Congrats! Have you heard about scholarships yet, or does that take longer?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<hr>

<p>I’ve always heard the school is known wordly, and great in social sciences. </p>

<p>I think for scholarships it may take a little longer, not sure if I have any from the school I still have to sign into the account given to me. I was recently busy with so much work I wasn’t able to sign in yesterday.</p>