Are CollegeVine direct admissions legit?

I have a CollegeVine account and turned on direct admissions. I received an “offer” for a school I have not applied to with a substantial merit scholarship. Is this legitimate and worth looking into further, or is it relatively meaningless/I would not necessarily get the money if I decided to apply?

1 Like

I don’t know about College Vine specifically, but my (incomplete) understanding of direct admissions is that is is an admission offer. Do not need to apply. Does the school look legitimate; have you heard of it, can find a full website? Contact the admissions office if you are interested and ask questions.

1 Like

Second @Efh, S23 received a direct admission to Clarkson (coincidentally a school a nephew went to). No application necessary, it gave instructions how to place a deposit.

I would do some research and make sure it’s a legit accredited school and has a program you’re looking for, etc… given all those things check out there’s no reason not to consider it.

4 Likes

The merit scholarship is meaningless until you know the net price after the scholarship. A $25k scholarship off a $50k “retail” price is not the same as $25k scholarship against an $80k retail price.

1 Like

Yes, I looked at the full price tuition of the college and it’s about a half tuition scholarship. I know the school is legit because my friend goes haha.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.