Are Out-Of State Pre-Ap courses weighted?

<p>Hi, I’m from Texas, and in my Sophmore year I took many Pre-Ap classes which improved my weighted GPA a lot. However, on the UC website it says</p>

<p>"How do you calculate an out-of-state applicant’s GPA? Do you give extra credit for the school’s honors courses?</p>

<p>In calculating a nonresident’s GPA, UC will grant honors weight for AP or IB courses only, but not for school-designated honors courses."</p>

<p>So my Pre-Ap courses don’t count on my weighted gpa since I’m out of state? So I’ll have to take 4 AP’s to reach the 4.4 average GPA?</p>

<p>Based on what you quoted, they won’t count towards your weighted GPA. Of course, taking higher level/honors courses looks good to begin with; they just won’t be weighted for GPA purposes if they’re not AP or IB.</p>

<p>Pre-AP? Lol, I can only imagine Pre-AP Human Geo…
Don’t expect “Pre-AP” to impress colleges, especially those that are at all selective</p>

<p>There’s no pre-ap human Geo. What I meant were courses like Pre-Ap World History, Pre-Ap Algebra 2, Pre-Ap Spanish 3, Pre-Ap English 4, Pre-Ap Chem. Etc… I was planning to take 3-4 AP’s my senior year, but since I’m only taking 1 AP in my Sophomore and Junior years, and the rest Pre-Ap, my weighted GPA will be extremely low. Well there goes my dream of going to UCLA or Berkeley.</p>