Are there supplemental essays in the SUNY application?

So, for various reasons, my counselor recommended that I apply to SUNYs through the common app rather than on their website. However, there are no supplemental essays on any one of the SUNYs there, but I’m fairly sure that there are supposed to be. Would anyone mind clarifying what I should do here to submit my application? I can submit my common app whenever, but I thought there were supplementals.

I think the supplement is just if you apply online direct (bc there is no common app essay to look at if you apply direct).

That’s what I was thinking, but it doesn’t make sense to me. Just wanted to confirm through here. I’ll wait for one more person before I submit my apps. Thank you!

bump.

I’ll bump for you. One more note, my kid sent just common app EA, and his is marked “complete” on the status checker.

Thank you very much. That’s a bit reassuring, but I’m still hesitant to feel comfortable since there may be a thing separate from the common app I’m not aware of.

Bump again for you, anyone else apply via common app? Did you send in an additional essay, or stick with the common app requirements?

Nope just my common app essay and I was accepted