Arizona State Admissions Fall 2022 - Class of 2026

@Luanne and @midwest_mom9 - reach out to the Barrett Admissions advising staff. They can help with scheduling options for the visits.

I encourage a dorm visit - the Barrett dorms are very nice.

2 Likes

My daughter was also accepted - Aerospace engineering, Astronautics division. We got Deans scholarship - $10,000 a year of $40k total, which is great as we are OOS.

Haven’t visited campus yet… Any suggestions on what to consider for ASU? Great things etc? We have a couple of other options, all OOS, but getting exact major she wanted is a big plus.

Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s great! My husband got his engineering degree at ASU. He started in aerospace and switched to mechanical. Time for a visit!

1 Like

We are from Illinois and visited ASU for our son. ASU campus is great, buildings are new. Do check out the Honors College - Barrett.
There are a lot of high-tech companies located within the Phoenix area, so I am sure job prospects will be great.
My daughter high school class of 2020 has very good friend in ASU and she loves it. My daughter is in UIUC Computer Engineering and if you need any info about UIUC I might be able to help.
My son has been accepted to ASU as a National Merit Finalist, but unfortunately ASU has discontinued its OOS waiver from this year, so we are going to pass on that.
Good Luck.

1 Like

We too decided against ASU due to the change in out of state national scholar award. She was accepted to ASU and Barrett with a $15,500 per year scholarship but that is only half the out of state tuition now. We contacted our ASU local recruiter because we couldn’t find the option to decline admission in the myasu site and he sent us the link to decline admission for her. She has accepted admission at Texas A&M (which is in state for us and includes a generous scholarship that makes our net cost half of what it would be to send her to ASU now).

4 Likes

Congrats to your daughter on her admission at Texas A&M and scholarship! We haven’t decided yet. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Hi, How do I know whether I got any scholarships? Is it via the portal or via separate email?
I am OOS and haven’t gotten any scholarships yet.

Hi @Krish_Krishnavihar - I suggest reaching out to Financial aid. You should get a letter (email) from Financial Aid stating your aid. I do not remember how much information is available in the portal. If there is a Finance tab, any information would be listed there.

1 Like

Any scholarships and loans are in the myasu portal in the finance tab.

1 Like

Also did you do the scholarship calculator on the asu site? Did it indicate you should expect a scholarship? If so and you haven’t received it I would definitely reach out to admissions recruiter or scholarship office to inquire. The scholarship calculator estimator said $15,500 and that is exactly what showed up in the finances tab in my asu and in a letter she received.

For the scholarship estimator tool, can anyone answer the following questions:

• For GPA do they want Academic GPA 9-12 or 10-12?
  • For SAT do they use superstore or single test?

Thanks

ASU doesn’t superscore.

Thank you. Any idea how they calculate GPA for New American University Scholarships and whether they count 1st Semester of 12th Grade?

I am really not sure about that. I know they use a 90-100 college scale rather than whatever your high school GPA is on the high school scale. So it was easy for my daughter since she has all 90 or higher in her classes. So it was simple 4.0. I would try to calculate it based on your core classes with and without 1st semester of 12th grade. ASU is also very responsive to emails. They responded to emails promptly. I recommend emailing the admission representative. Or I also remember that there is a way to email/contact from within the myasu portal.

1 Like

Has anyone been admitted to Engineering Fall 22? Wondering about orientation dates and move in dates? I’m guessing maybe Tooker House for freshman first year engineering students?

Hi @NorCal925 - a few items - for orientation information I will refer you to the ASU page https://eoss.asu.edu/orientation/new-student . If you have accepted, then the next step is to schedule orientation. It does not look like the ASU website publishes dates.

Move in will be the weekend before classes start - August 18th. So move in will be the weekend of Aug 13 & 14.

Yes, Tooker is the Fulton Engineering dorm. If you are Barrett, then you would be in the Barrett dorms.

My DS was admitted, but not yet committed as we learn more about what ASU offers. I am really surprised that ASU does not offer freshman on campus orientation as all other schools do. I was told today that all they offer first year undergrads is a zoom call with an advisor.

1 Like

They must still be in COVID mode. Hopefully that will change soon. You could always go for a visit. Southwest has a fare sale right now. :grinning:

1 Like

My son ended up committing elsewhere. We have to pay for orientation for BOTH of us (not sure what I am getting out of it) and will have to fly and stay at least 2 nights in a hotel (me, him in dorm). He will then be back a month later for move-in. There are international students who are expected to do this, too. I would welcome a zoom!

@NJmomOOSkids, I agree! The on campus orientations can get expensive for us Out of State families. Since this is my first kid off to college, I wanted him to have the full traditional experience.

There is a blurb on the website that says there is a “first year experience” in late Fall. But I don’t know if that’s just old content from past years. And it contradicts what the orientation team told me. If anyone has committed to the school of Engineering and has more info than I do on this topic, please give a shout.