Arizona State Admissions Fall 2022 - Class of 2026

Same for in-state students. The Presidents scholarship is now $2k per year less. What makes this most upsetting is that they changed it right in the middle of the application cycle. Why not change it before applications open in August so people aren’t hit with it half way through the decision process? We calculated ASU based on the website and now all of a sudden its $2k more. Add the doubling of the Barrett Honors College fee to $2k last year and it changes the entire cost structure when compared to merit opportunities elsewhere.

2 Likes

I understand your feelings but for the record it should be noted that the Barrett Honors College fee increased to $2K/year back in 2019 (from $1.5K/year back in 2015, from $1K/year way back in 2010).

See Barrett students respond to proposed fee increase with criticism, calls for transparency - The State Press

1 Like

HI! I was accepted to ASU this week, OOS CS 4.0 UW and I did not take ACT/SAT. The problem is I did poorly on my AP exams last year (2,2,3) even though I got As in the classes. It was a really rough time for me, after 18 mths remote learning. So much so I even switched schools for my Sr yr.

My question is: I’m applying for Barret Honors and it asks for you AP scores. It seems you must enter them and I’d rather not enter the 2s. Does anyone know if I can leave them off?

Hi! My son got accepted at ASU. I see you are an alum and have family. Do you have any insight on campus safety? I’m sure he will want to be in a frat. I’m reading some scary things online about overall ASU campus safety and frat hazing. Any thoughts are appreciated!

1 Like

I have had 2 sons go through Barrett. Neither of them mentioned any safety issues. I am not aware of them hearing about female friends having any issues. The Greek community is a separate discussion. Neither son was part of Greek, so I do not have any information for you there. I only recall them mentioning that some houses have reputations for poor behavior. I am not aware of any hazing issues.

3 Likes

I was coming back to copy/paste the line about the “Test scores will be accepted for upgraded award consideration. ASU must receive test scores by May 1 in order for you to be considered.”
Does this mean that ACT/SAT scores will possibly increase the merit? Does anyone have any idea by how much? In other words, has anyone OOS gotten MORE than the 15,500 with a high test score?

FYI…Housing portal is open for choosing rooms…

3 Likes

I understand this to mean that if you had initially gotten less than 15.5K, then a top ACT or SAT score could bring you up to 15.5K.

Going forward, it seems that the only way to get more than 15.5K for OOS students is to get in the Next Generation Service Corps, in which case you could get full tuition.

See Next Generation Service Corps | Public Service Academy | ASU and ASU Next Generation Service Corps | ASU Scholarships

4 Likes

I got the 15.5K OOS. How much will it now be generally? Do you know when they will release financial award packages?

File your FAFSA prior to January 15 to maximize the amount of aid you may receive. You will probably get your Financial Aid Notification around March.

Your aid and your bill | ASU Students | ASU

2 Likes

Has anyone visited campus recently? We are scheduling our first visit in early March (traveling from MI) and as an admitted student, my son is hoping to see quite a bit. He was accepted to Barrett and Engineering. On the website, it seems like the only tour links are pretty general, for prospective students. Will the Sun Devil tour/session be helpful? He does want a campus tour for sure, but he doesn’t need to learn how to apply at this point:) Thanks for any tips!

1 Like

We are looking for the same thing. I’m not sure if the Sun Devil day is for prospective or admitted students or both. But, I can find cheaper flights other days, so I am leaning towards a regular tour and adding in the engineering and Barrett tours as well. It fills much of the day and will let us see most of the things important to him at this point. I have tentatively selected a 9am general session and tour, 10:45 engineering session and a 3:30 Barrett session. We can walk around between engineering and Barrett and have lunch.

1 Like

@Luanne thanks for your reply. That sounds like exactly what we want. From which web page were you able to select the engineering and honors sessions? Was it from the main Visit page? I am not seeing those options, must be doing something wrong…thanks for tips!

@midwest_mom9 Yes, from the visit page with the calendar. Once you select your main tour time, more options appear based on what major you selected to get to the calendar page. So you should see engineering as an option as well as Barrett.

1 Like

@midwest_mom9 did you get it to work out?

I did, thank you! I did not initially realize that I had to click on so many different dates to figure out which dates offered all 3 sessions we wanted. Seems obvious in retrospect, but it just wasn’t intuitive to me! Too much time on too many different college websites recently - LOL!

1 Like

I’m glad! I hope one of the dates works out. We are still trying to find one a day that lets us get there without missing key things at home. It’s tough.

Agreed! Between extracurriculars for my son and work commitments on my end, not easy at all!

There is a calculator for aid. My son didn’t get merit for his GPA, but he did receive merit when he sent in his scores. Look at the calculator for sure! https://scholarships.asu.edu/estimator