Ask About Andover

@preppedparent you are welcome to approach the process as you choose. He spent time at most of the other schools as a recruited athlete. They were all great. We are all choosing from amazing schools offering world class educations. He was under tremendous pressure from the coaches and so it was easier to make our decision and move forward. Thanks for your concern.

@bc12345 What grade is your kid going in to?

@HMom16 heā€™s entering 9th as a repeat.

@bc12345 Glad to hear that Phillips Academy was the right fit for your child! So excited to welcome more people to the Andover community!!

@bc12345 Welcome to the Big Blue Family!

@bc12345 Welcome to Andover!! So happy for you guys!

THAnks @Aetrus @gossipgirlME @BigBlueSwim! Feeling great about his next four years.

Spring Visit was outstanding. CaliKidā€™s host, and hostā€™s friend group, seemed like a reflection of CaliKidā€™s own friend group back home. CaliKid was very comfortable in the classes, and after the revisit, CaliKid announced an interest in learning drums and taking Russian. We had no idea about those interests, and we suspect weā€™re going to have many more such surprises. Canā€™t wait to see what the next four years will hold for CaliKid. Go Big Blue!

Welcome @CaliPops !!

Great News! @CaliPops

Question: is there a cheerleading team at Andover? And if so, is it competition cheer or just game-oriented cheer?

As in pom poms, ā€œGive me an A,ā€ etc.? No. There is SLAM, which is kind of a cross between step and cheer.

Hereā€™s a question: When did Andover give up cheerleaders, pom poms and all? There have been rather famous Andover cheerleaders in the past.

~ 1973 would be my guess.

So, coeducation killed the cheer squad? If so, Iā€™m a little shocked it survived that long!

Like I said, it was a guess. It may not even have survived the '60ā€™s.

I remember reading somewhere that George W Bush was head cheerleader at Andoverā€¦ when did he graduate?

64 or something. So we know it went that long. Mid 60s.

Could it be that the ā€œcheerleadersā€ are actually the blue key heads? They still dress in drag and go to games and show school spirit.