ASU vs UA, Politcal Science

<p>I haven’t seen any questions that asked about Politcal Science majors at these schools so heres one for you. I have been accepted to both universities and both of their honors program/college. I have also visited both and live in AZ. I could commute to ASU but not U of A. I want to go to law school and either focus in government law, a patant lawyer, or defense attorney. I know to be a good patent lawyer I should have a major physics or an engineering, and I would like that. ASU gives me a good engineering background as well as Barrett, and the Excellence Program (you can take a law class as an undergrad to get the experience of law school, apparently one of the only colleges to do that in the nation). I also could save money in the long run by commuting. U of A gives me PPEL (philosophy, politics, economics, and law) a good major that would set me up nice for law school, but I also have to apply farizonaor that after sophomore year, so no gurantees. </p>

<p>I am also thinking about minoring in music performance (double bass) if anyone has experience with that at either school. </p>

<p>Please help if you know anything about the political science programs at either school, or any opinion of the Ecellence Program or PPEL major.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>One of my roommates is in PPEL at UA and loves it. You have various tracks to go down and different areas of focus to chose from. It’s a solid program that will definitely prepare you for law school just about anywhere in the country. </p>