Athletics at Hampshire

<p>I have been looking around and found that athletics are not very serious at Hampshire. I was wondering exactly how competitive the athletics at Hampshire are because it sounds like the sports at Hampshire are not taken seriously at all. Does anyone have more information on the competitiveness of athletics at Hampshire,the popularity of the sporting events and how many students take part in athletics.</p>

<p>I plan on playing soccer and maybe some baseball in college. From what I know, Hampshire does offer soccer but not baseball. Any info about these two sports at Hampshire would be helpful.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I attended a girl’s soccer game a couple of years ago, and the level of competition seemed pretty high to me. My daughter played club-select soccer throughout high school, and attended some practices and kick-arounds before she realized that she was out of her league. While the game I saw was hard-fought and fun, there were at best 100 students in attendance. If you are into soccer and basketball, you can participate on good teams, but don’t expect the games to be of interest to the majority of the campus.</p>

<p>I don’t think that baseball is played at Hampshire.</p>