Atrocious SAT Subject Scores = No Acceptance?

<p>So I made the mistake of taking the U.S. History test having taken little over a quarter of the class. I ended up getting a 450 on that and a 450 on the Literature test as well (Have no explanation for that, though I re-took it in January and got a 510). Anyway, my question is how much do the UCs actually care about SAT IIs. I assume they care more when scores are as low as mine are, but I just hope that they wont ruin every chance I had of going to a UC. here are my other stats (I am not necessarily asking to get chanced, but I think it might be helpful to show the rest).</p>

<p>UC GPA: 3.98</p>

<p>SAT I: wr. 590 rc. 570 math 620.</p>

<p>Great essays, ecs, etc.</p>

<p>Applied to:
UCSC
UCB
UCSB
UCLA
UCSD</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>UCs care about SAT-IIs more or less as highly as SATs. 450 and 510 will hurt you significantly.</p>

<p>Ur in UCSC and UCSB for sure, you at least you have something to fall on, but don't worry about it, theres nothing you can do about it.</p>

<p>Worrying about it now doesn't help you at all. As it stands, you're a reach for the entire top tier, a slight reach for UCSB, and a match for UCSC. Asking after nothing can be done about it isn't going to change what the letters say in March.</p>

<p>Im in the same situation, my stats are:</p>

<p>UC GPA = 4.33
Rank = 28/450
SAT 1: Math - 720 | Reading - 630 | Writing - 590 | Total = 1940 |</p>

<p>My SAT 2s are:</p>

<p>Math 2: 600
Literature: 450
World History: 450</p>

<p>IMO i had great awards and EC's.</p>

<p>I applied to </p>

<p>UCSD
UCBerk
UCLA
UCDavis
UCIrvine
UCSC</p>

<p>Im in state and was QOT for ELC, so i had an ELC login</p>

<p>I think you're solid for UCSC and UCSB. I think UCSD is possible, I know of someone in your exact position, almost identical in SAT scores and the same GPA. First of all, is your GPA unweighted?</p>

<p>If you have good after school activities, then you could be in a better spot.</p>