Attending TCU after military service

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I'm currently serving in the Army and I've begun my search for a college to attend when I get out in a couple years. Right now, I have TCU atop my list. It really stands out the most to me, and I love the fact it so greatly helps out military vets with the yellow ribbon program (unlimited amount of money spent to pay for a vets education at TCU). Now, by the time I get to TCU (If I am admitted) I'll be 27. I have previous college work done (almost 60 hours done at UTSA), but I am taking a few classes while serving active duty. My goal is to go to TCU, finish up my bachelors and get a masters all in business. </p>

<p>Has anyone experienced or known anyone who has gone to TCU after serving? Also, I hear that TCU is heavily dominated by the greek system...and being such a small school (a huge drawing factor for me), would that be a problem for an "older" guy like me by the time I get there in terms of meeting people? I deal with 18-19 year olds daily and I don't have a problem with them (being 25). Obviously there is a big enough age gap that we see differently on things. However, I've met a lot of kids fresh from high school with positive, mature outlooks on life. I have even considered the thought of pledging in a frat. But, being 27 (going on 28) at the time seems so old. I just feel like I'll miss the "bond" I have now with my guys in the Army, and need something like that when I get back into the civilian world. </p>

<p>I am just looking for some tips or advice on this whole thing. Thanks all for reading.</p>

<p>Hey there - I’m 25 as well, and getting out of the AF later this year. I’m planning on transferring to TCU in the spring, with UNT as a fall back school. Or the other way around. Haven’t completely decided yet. </p>

<p>Anyhow, reply to this in January or so and remind me to let you know how it’s going.</p>

<p>Also, I’ve got a buddy from high school who is in his second year at TCU after having been in the Army. He went straight to TCU from Afghanistan and Ft. Hood, so naturally he loves it. He did say that the girls are mostly snobby, spoiled *<strong><em>es and the guys are overcompensating </em></strong> bags (also spoiled), but it’s hard to turn down an extra $12k/year in GI benefits.</p>