ATTENTION: All Diploma Programme Graduates

<p>What class year were you?
What was your unweighted and weighted GPA junior and senior year?
What colleges did you get into?
How established (how many years prior) was your IB program at your school?</p>

<p>Class of 2014</p>

<p>My GPA was 4.0 or 3.99?? unweighted and 5.??? with the weighted IB classes.
I was salutatorian of a class of 450 so IB didn’t hurt my grades too much :)</p>

<p>I applied to Texas A&M University, Baylor University, Southern Methodist University (as leverage against Baylor), and Rice University, and got into all four. Between IB and a 36 ACT score I got about $4k/year from A&M and about $25k/year from Baylor and SMU.</p>

<p>Our IB program turned 5 this year I think. We’re still struggling with small class sizes and limited course availability (our IB class started with 28 and ended with 17) but the’re over 100 incoming sophomores so things are picking up.</p>

<p>I graduated in 2010. I had a 4.0 UW, and my school didn’t weight. There’s a 4.0 full-IB once every couple of years.</p>

<p>I only applied to 3 schools, all of which I knew I would get into, would offer good merit aid, and would give good credit for IB tests.</p>

<p>The IB program has been at my HS since 1978. The story is that it was originally started by IB to prove that something so international would never succeed in the rural midwest. Ha! There aren’t usually a lot of diploma candidates. I think it was around 8 finishing my year, though that was on the low end. But about half the class of 300 students takes at least 1 IB class, which is pretty good for a rather academically diverse school. The weeder for full-IB is usually IB English, which is only offered HL and is the toughest class in the school.</p>

<p>Class of 2014|
GPA was 6.5 (IB grades)
Got into Amherst College (early decision)
Like 7 or so years</p>