Auburn Honors College - what stats are needed for acceptance?

S24 recently accepted to Auburn and received the email “invite to apply to the Honors College”. It’s something he’s interested in but not dead set on. I really would like a better understanding of what is needed to get accepted. He has SO much to do right now between school, sports and multiple college essays he still needs to finish that he’d rather not take it on if he has no chance. Anyone have a sense of what baseline GPA and ACT is needed? What else do they consider other than the essay?

Not sure if you read this:

The minimum requirements for admission to the Honors College include:

• a minimum high school grade point average of 3.85 (weighted or unweighted)
  • a minimum 29 ACT or equivalent SAT (the Honors College will consider superscores as part of the admission process)
  • submission of completed Honors application including two written essays and a resume.

Selection of incoming freshmen is based on GPA, supplemental documentation, evidence of candidates’ activities and leadership, and the content included in the written essay. Qualified students who have been accepted to Auburn University will receive information on applying to the Honors College within a month of their acceptance to Auburn University.

2 Likes

yes, i saw the minimum qualifications but I’m curious to know what you need to actually be competitive.

That’s likely it.

You might ask.

At that point it may not be #s but other things.

You might email and ask.

Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.