Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Where are you getting 1050 from? According to Auburn’s website the middle 50% range for SAT scores for enrolled students is 1160 - 1370 for Alabama residents and 1240 - 1370 for out of state.

1 Like

Got it from the College Board website. OP didn’t say the kid had an above average SAT “for Auburn”.

1 Like

I found this on Auburn’s website. If you scroll down to the bottom you will see a section for 2023 admission decisions. It will show you the average accepted ACT & GPA, and the average rejected ACT & GPA for the latest admission cycle. My daughter just finished her freshman year at Auburn. She applied early in October 2021, but her transcript didn’t make it by the 10/15 deadline. She missed out on housing and scholarships. If Auburn is a serious contender for your son I would recommend applying in the earlier rounds.

Oh. I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that the average SAT scores for Auburn are a 1050. You are saying that the national average on the SAT is a 1050? @Jenmcirv, if your son’s SAT is below a 1250, I would not submit it. You could wait and apply for the second round of Early Action after your son receives his new scores or contact admissions and see if they will consider scores received after the Sept 15 EA 1 deadline but before decisions are released in mid October.

Correct - OP just said “above average SAT” and really difficult to provide guidance based on that statement. Because you’re right there could be multiple ways of interpreting the intent of it.

Can someone help with sending ACT scores? I know they do not accept the superscore report. S24 Took it is December and April. We are trying to send those individual scores through the MYACT portal, but as soon as we add the second score to the cart, it replaces the first. Is there no way to send both April and December in one transaction other than the superscore report?

Great advice y’all. I meant above average for OOS auburn. (But within the middle 50 range) sounds like he should send them in early. Sounds like he can rush the 8/26 score but no guarantees it would get plugged in on time even if received. (Also assuming the scores even improve!) appreciate the advice

2 Likes

Mine was high stat. Invited to war eagle day. Auburn was the only college he was denied to.

1 Like

My understanding from their admissions session was that if you met the thresholds of GPA and SAT that they were setting for that admissions cycle then you were “in”. If your kid has a mid 50 range FOR Auburn provided their GPA is in range - should be relatively easy to know what the decision will be.

Someone else on here might recall what the thresholds where for F23 admission (OOS SAT’s mid 1200’s and 3.6+ UW GPA are in my memory but could be way off). I’m sure they push this up/down some year to year based on the number of applicants and yield they expect. Beyond admissions there’s merit incentives for higher SAT & GPA scores. Good luck!

1 Like

Aug 26 scores should come out 9/8.

Hello,
We are just starting the application process for my D FALL 2024 admissions. Does anyone have any knowlege what the least impacted majors are at Auburn?
Thanks!!

S24 just submitted his application. It’s weird because it is saying “incomplete” even though they have received both official test scores and they received his transcript. And where it says “Auburn ACT Superscore” it is blank. He left a message for his admissions advisor to call him back.

My son submitted his application Sunday and logging into the portal today his ACT scores don’t look right either. Or maybe I’m confused about if Auburn superscores? They say they accept superscore report but in admissions portal they list his highest score from a single sitting (which is not the score report he sent). He should not have an issue with admissions either way but I was counting on superscore for more merit aid.

Right it’s strange b/c they def superscore but it’s not showing his superscore.

Did anyone figure out how Auburn computes the superscore because we sent the ACT Superscore report but it’s only showing the highest score from a single sitting.

1 Like

Did you figure out how Auburn computes the superscore because we sent the ACT Superscore report but the Auburn portal is only showing the highest score from a single sitting.

We have not gotten this resolved. My son emailed admissions a couple of days ago but has not received a response.

OK. Thanks for the update. The portal is now showing the supplied ACT superscore report but the Auburn superscore is lower than the ACT supplied superscore so I’m not sure how they are computing it. Hope you hear back soon!