Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Interesting- S24’s Auburn and ACT superscores are the same- initially sent each score separately and then sent the superscore report - only then did the Auburn superscore update.

Sorry I’m a little confused - did you not only send the ACT Superscore report? You sent all separate individual test dates and the superscore report? And then it updated?

Yeah, so when we went to the admissions presentation they told us they do NOT accept the Superscore report because their system can’t interpret it (or something along those lines). So when the application opened 8/15 we had both sets of scores sent. Then we found out they do accept the superscore report. His application status was not showing an ACT superscore not an Auburn superscore. He got nervous so submitted the actual ACT supersocre report and as soon as he did that, it updated with the ACT and Auburn superscores. Not sure if it was a coincidence or what but he did not want to take a chance that they did not calculate a superscore for him because it definitely makes a big difference in this composite.

S24 received a response from admissions. They indicated that because they just started accepting the ACT superscore report this year, they are having some processing issues. They said it would be resolved and not to worry–they would use his superscore for admissions and scholarships.

1 Like

Thank you! So even if my child’s ACT Superscore is showing one number and the Auburn Superscore is showing a lower number, they will resolve it internally without me sending extra reports it sounds like from your post. Thank you! When I sent the ACT superscore it said it sends all test dates (full reports) with the Superscore so Auburn should have everything. Thank you!

Not sure if this was answered, but just use the Auburn app. I don’t think you can submit the common app with no essay. At least we couldn’t figure out how to do it. My son applied to Auburn, Clemson, and Alabama using the school application, which takes about 15 minutes to fill out. Did all three early and heard back early for all.

As far as the counselor goes, it shouldn’t create a problem, but I would follow up on it to be sure everything is submitted in time.

1 Like

Thanks, he used Auburn app and submitted 8/23. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Once they submit their Auburn application using the Auburn app (not the common app) is there anything else they are supposed to do? He can log into the website by clicking on the Apply Now and put in email and password and see his application is “awaiting decision” but not sure if he is supposed to set up a portal or anything else. We assumed the email and password he set up to apply directly through their website was all he needed to do.

1 Like

I could be wrong but I think that is all. That is all that we have done as well.

That’s consistent with last year. Provided the portal says “awaiting decision” it implies you’ve submitted what you need to do. That’s the same whether submitted through their portal or through the common app (once the common app is submitted it sets up the same portal).

1 Like

So, it is a little over $17000 a year or are you saying per semester?

My son has a 3.87 GPA but did not submit SATs. He just learned he got deferred during early admission. Any insights on his chances to get in during regular admission?

is the GPA weighted or unweighted? what was his course rigor like? Did he take AP and honors classes?

Have him submit fall/winter grades and also do the supplemental supporting statement that can be found on their website here:

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Will do! Thx!

Even though Auburn is test optional (they describe themselves as test preferred), less than 10% of admitted students last year were test optional according to this article. Can he submit a test score or take it and try to improve to their midrange to submit? Auburn receives record number of applicants for fall 2023.

My understanding is that if you applied TO, you stay TO - no option to later submit test scores. Someone on a different thread listed the wording in their FAQ and it was pretty clearly stated.

2 Likes

Posting Auburn’s testing policy again. Auburn is test preferred, not test optional. As virginiabelle noted, a small proportion of the admits the last few years had chosen the test optional pathway, which is this: “Applicants with at least a 3.6 GPA and unable to test will be reviewed holistically through our test-optional pathway.”

I expect Auburn AOs know which states have an SAT/ACT graduation requirement, among other things. It seems based on the various Auburn threads on CC that some students who had lower than 3.6 GPAs erroneously applied TO, or those who did have 3.6+ GPAs and a test score also erroneously applied TO. Don’t know how closely Auburn checks these things, but they certainly could.

Here’s the full passage from Auburn’s website:

3. Do I need to send my ACT or SAT scores?

Auburn University is a test-preferred institution; we recommend that students take and submit official ACT and SAT scores for admissions. Freshman admission is based mainly on your high school courses, grades, and academic rigor. While we encourage students to submit standardized test scores, they are not required to be considered for admission or scholarships.

If you are applying with test scores, official test scores are required for a completed application. Official test scores must be submitted directly from the testing agency.

Auburn University School codes are:

ACT: 0011

SAT: 1005

Applicants with at least a 3.6 GPA and unable to test will be reviewed holistically through our test-optional pathway.

If Auburn hasn’t made a decision on a given student’s app, than one can change their testing status (of course within the parameters of the test optional pathway). So @speer’s S can’t now submit a test after his deferral.

Can I change my mind about my test-optional choice?

You may request to update your information only if we have not made an admissions decision on your application. Once you receive an admissions decision your test-optional choice is confirmed and cannot be changed.

2 Likes

I mean at this point, it would be almost unheard of to be “unable to test”, wouldn’t you think? I think they really just need to go back to being fully “test required” since it seems to have confused so many people.

Yep.

That would be more clear for sure…but I expect it would need approval by many levels of admin, including the Alabama Commission on Higher Ed.

Meanwhile, with the low proportion of students accepted under the test optional pathway, students should just behave as tests are required for Auburn.

1 Like