Average Transfer Student profile

<p>Does anyone know what the average admitted transfer student's numbers are? Like what's their gpa and test scores? Also what is the acceptance rate for transfer students? </p>

<p>I'm want to transfer because I want to dual major in both economics and political science but my current school is rather weak in both those areas. Since Wisconsin fairly strong it's one of the schools I'm looking at along with Michigan and NYU. I'm not too familiar with Wisconsin so can you tell me how strong of an applicant I would be? I'll list some of my basic stats below.</p>

<p>High School GPA: 3.6 (UW)
College GPA: 3.6 and 3.9 this semester
Classes:
1st semester: Comparative Politics, Cultural Anthropology, Honors Western Civ, Introductory Macroeconomics, Astronomy
2nd semester: Applied Statistics, Political Theory, Physics 1, Introductory Microeconomics, Seminar in Composition
Year: Freshman
ACT: 33
Major: Political Science and Economics
OOS</p>

<p>I intend to transfer in halfway through my sophomore year or the beginning of my junior year so I thought it would probably be a good idea to look at prospective schools at this point. </p>

<p>Thanks a lot for your help.</p>

<p>Keep over a 3.5 and you’ll be fine. HS and test scores don’t count much.</p>

<p>Keep track of the graduation requirements for UW and credits that will transfer from your college. There is a transfer tool on the UW website that may include your OOS school (it does include instate schools). Also keep track of courses for your majors- you may want to save some to get the UW version. There may be reasons to transfer earlier than at the last possible semester- getting the UW version of courses in your majors. Try to get the breadth requirements out of the way so you have more room in your schedule for the courses in your majors.</p>

<p>Your college, not HS, work will count. No problem with your current gpa. Get the best grades you can, even if bored, to learn as much as you can to have the best foundation.</p>

<p>OK, thanks for your help</p>

<p>Anyone out there that applied in December that is still waiting to hear? I am transferring as a Sophomore.</p>