Banking (checking account) for UW undergrads! HELP PLEASE

<p>which is the best bank for a uw-madison undergraduate student to open an account??? i would like to pay all bills online and have branches walking distance from campus (preferencially close to state street and memorial union). which is the best bank in for students in madison??</p>

<p>Anchor Bank?
Associated Bank?
Bank Mutual?
Bank One?
First Federal?
Heartland Credit Union?
Home Savings?
M&I Bank?
US Bank?
UW Credit Union?</p>

<p>...the banks listed are the ones reccomended by UW-Madison.</p>

<p>from what i could see... the best rates are from</p>

<p>Home Savings
M&I Bank
US Bank
UW Credit Union
Bank Mutual
Anchor Bank</p>

<p>(....rates from Bank One, First Federal, Heartland Credit Union, Associated Bank... not good like the others above)</p>

<p>which bank is better for 18 year old uw-madison student?</p>

<p>i want basically to pay my bills online, shop online with credit card!</p>

<p>I think if you want something close to/on campus, the only way to go is UW Credit Union. They have ATMs all over campus, in the union, and even in some of the buildings/halls (like the Grainger Business Hall). </p>

<p>Also, they have a location on state street and also one that's in the residential area between the Kohl Center and Camp Randall.</p>

<p>Plus you get really increasingly good benefits with UW CU for every additional service you use with them.</p>

<p>bank one no longer exists, just to let you know. It's now part of Chase...</p>

<p>Try UWCU. Deposit your tuition monies there and they will issue you a credit card even if you do not have prior credit history in US. Then as you build your credit (by paying on time etc), you will find yourself more easily getting credit elsewhere.</p>

<p>UW Credit Union is the best way to go.</p>