Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

We also got our RD merit scholarship this past Friday. I’ve been told by our admission officer that I2E scholarships can be stacked. Best wishes to your family!

2 Likes

Has anyone received scholarship money from I2E? I know essays are due 2/20 but wondering if they sent info sooner if essay already turned in.

Same here, waiting for some good news with Baylor scholarships. UT and Baylor are my D top 2 schools, so at the end, cost will be the deciding factor. Both schools have great programs, but paying an extra 15k/year just doesn’t make financial sense

1 Like

Just curious what’s usually the timeline after students get their Baylor acceptances. I noticed D got her acceptance but it didn’t include anything else or any other info (unless we missed it?) other than paying for the $500 enrollment deposit. Did they include cost somewhere or info about admitted students day or possible eligibility for scholarships? I noticed many people talking about Baylor scholarships here. Is it invite only or open to anyone? Thanks!

1 Like

The merit scholarship my daughter got was found on her goBaylor portal page under the financial aid tab. She didn’t apply for it, I think the merit scholarships are just given automatically.

2 Likes

thanks! I will have her check on that when she gets home today. so was that about it for the info given with acceptances?

1 Like

Pretty much. My daughter’s portal said how much of a scholarship she got. There was a section that told her about ways for accepted students to tour the campus. Also, a section on the total cost of tuition. Then some stuff to fill out for financial aid I believe. Hope that helps some. I’d just be sure she searches all over the goBaylor website. She should have a username and password for it.

that’s very helpful. thank you! looks like we definitely need to sit down and look around the portal to get the info!

Has anyone received merit from I2E? We heard from one person that she received her notice today.

Not yet, attended 2/3. Can you please share stats, amount, and major of the one who did?

We don’t have stats or info on merit. She’s a friend of my daughter, so it’s hearsay at this point. Sorry, imperfect information…

1 Like

No information yet, but I’ve been speculating we should hear something by tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Announced today:
“Baylor’s board approved a 6% increase in Baylor’s tuition “sticker price” ($58,844) for the upcoming 2023-24 academic year.”

I have a current student at Baylor, and we received an email today that included the above quote. This percentage change was surprising as Baylor advertised a $51,738 tuition “sticker price” for the 2022-2023 academic year. Either the $58,844 is wrong from the President’s email, the 6% change is wrong, or Baylor adds in additional costs to the tuition “sticker price.”

Any thoughts?

Source for 2022-23 data: Tuition & Fees | Undergraduate Admissions | Baylor University

Yikes!!
They already have the COA listed on Bearweb. I am surprised they can just change it like that when they already announced costs for next year.
It might make a difference for us. It is already S23’s most expensive even with merit aid even though it is his favorite. That’s a large hike.
I guess we wait on I2E and then see what the situation is, but man, it upsets me that they would change it. I just looked at BearWeb today, and it was tuition of $54,000. I know because I calculated S23’s current scholarship offer as a percentage of it. :cry:

Ooh, I see what you mean about the numbers now.
6% rise from 22-23 tuition would come in at about what it was listing for 23-24 on the BearWeb. Maybe the $54,000 is the right price and the article is wrong? I hope so.

Me too!

*CORRECTION: Please note that tuition for the 2023-24 academic year is $54,844, not $58,844 as originally published. We apologize for the error.

Source:

https://www.baylor.edu/mediacommunications/news.php?action=story&story=232117&fbclid=PAAaaDJsyR1CGkjXcS2K3h-MlD4Jqvlwb-EOCljll527Ts8Igr897hlqs_QpI

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

So many unknowns a year ago, but glad we did the guaranteed tuition open for my freshman Bear.

2 Likes

Thank you! Something had to be wrong!!