Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

In Bearweb underneath the Connect & Visit tab is a header “Announcement:” and scholarship decisions are there.

You can add your number to Duo so that your does not have to approve it every time. As far as a seperate portal for parents - I’m not sure. Wish I was more help!

1 Like

My daughter just received the Distinguished Scholar Day Scholarship of 3k/year x 4 years. It’s on the Connect & Visit tab.

1 Like

Good luck everyone. Hoping the best for you all.
Now waiting on the other scholarships.

1 Like

My daughter didn’t even receive the Distinguished Scholar’s Day scholarship. That’s officially the end for us and Baylor. Best of luck to you all!

Sorry to hear that. For us, Baylor is still a lot more expensive than her other top choice university so we will have to see if she gets other scholarships, if not, then Baylor will not be financially attainable. Your daughter will succeed no matter what school she attends. What’s her second choice if you don’t mind sharing.

Thanks! Baylor had fallen down her list a little lately anyway. She will probably attend Trinity U in San Antonio. Very different schools but she liked them both!

Good luck to you all as well!

2 Likes

Beautiful school as well and excellent programs. My daughter was also considering UIW right across Trinity. Best of luck and success wherever she decides to go!!

We heard tonight on Baylor2Baylor Law and our D23 won one of them! Best of luck to everyone and Sic’em!

2 Likes

Congrats! That’s fantastic!!!

1 Like

S23 was accepted to Baylor Business Fellows, which he really wanted, so that was great!
But he didn’t get any further offer of money from the I2E competition, so he only has the general merit, which still leaves the cost quite a bit above his other choices. I think Baylor is his first choice, but I know he will be upset that he didn’t get any money from I2E which might change his feelings. It’s sad because I think Baylor would work best for him (with the exception of a small LAC that he doesn’t seem to favor right now.)
Congrats to those who got money from I2E. I know it is very competitive.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! Woohoo!!

1 Like

Did he apply to other scholarships like Carr P. Collins or Trailblazer? They haven’t announced the recipients, at least not that I’m aware of.

He didn’t because he doesn’t really qualify for those. He has a large merit award at present, but because of his biological father, he won’t qualify for any need-based aid. He has some college money in a 529, so he could do Baylor, but it would be an easier choice for him if he had gotten even $5000 more from the I2E.

If he is in one of the honors programs, he might get a scholarship. At least that’s what we are hoping for, but not sure if those scholarships are for incoming freshman or upperclassmen only.

My daughter only received the $1000 for attending I2E. We knew this scholarship was a long shot but we were trying to be positive that it would be enough for our budget of $35k a year for college. With her merit of $22k a year it’s just not enough compared to in state schools. It’s been a fun and stressful journey. Congrats to all our kids. God will put them where they need to be and succeed in whatever his plans are :pray:t2::pray:t2:. We may not realize it now but hopefully will in the future.

3 Likes

Very well said. And you are absolutely right that God has a plan for all of them and they will end up where they truly belong. :pray:

2 Likes

If your child applied for a departmental scholarship, we were told those notifications go out around April 1.

I have no idea about the timing of Carr Collins or Trailblazers. A family friend that applied for carr Collins thought they were notified of those decisions around March 15th of last year. Take it for what it’s worth.

1 Like

Yeah, there is very limited info on when scholarships are announced. I was searching in previous threads and read Carr P Collins was announced, like you said, around March 15th and denials by end of March. On the final stretch and on pins and needles waiting. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just curious, has anyone received I2E scholarships and if so, how much? Thanks