Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

D was accepted for biology :heart:

5 Likes

So exciting!!! Congrats to all!!!

1 Like

Daughter got accepted today! Major will be aviation science. Future flying bear!

5 Likes

Congratulations! When did she submit her application?

Congratulations to your daughter! Do you know when her application was submitted? I’m wondering if they are getting to some of the later applicants yet.

Oct 12. Their decisions are super random. She’s biology and seems to be a late group releasing. Someone in another site said Baylor received 50,000 applications by Nov 1. For 3500 open spots for freshman class of 2023. Not sure where those #s are coming from… but could be due to the $0 app fee.

2 Likes

November 1

2 Likes

Thanks for the response - it discounts my theory that it was being released based on when you applied. My daughter applied on 10/29. I give up trying to figure it out! Who knows.

1 Like

I applied 10/6 as a chemistry major. I was really hoping to hear something before Christmas break. I am leaving the country on January 6 for a semester-long internship and wanted my college choice settled before I left. At this point I am probably going to have to make a decision without Baylor in the mix. When do decisions stop being released in December? Thanks.

Btw - My stats if it matters
4.0UW, 4.45 W
1470 SAT
National Merit Commended
National Hispanic Scholar
International Internship
Pharmacy Internship
Phi Theta Kappa

1 Like

If I were you, I would call the admission counselor and explain your situation. Worse thing that can happen is that he can’t help you and he tells you to patiently wait. There is no harm in trying. Good luck!!

1 Like

My son received merit aid from Baylor last year and we did not complete the FAFSA or the CSS.

1 Like

I know in 2021 they received a total of 36,588 applications for all admission rounds. They accepted 20,741 and 4,271 ended up enrolling. This number included 1140 kids who applied early decision, of which 865 were accepted.

1 Like

Someone on another site said
I have heard that they had 50,000 apps by Nov 1st for approx 3500 spots in the 2023 freshman class. :grimacing:
Not sure it it’s accurate or not.

https://www.baylor.edu/alumni/magazine/2101/index.php?id=986300

This article mentions the 51,000 applicants.

When did you find out about financial aid last year, and did you apply EA or RD?

1 Like

Are we supposed to input all the classes and grades until the portal even if the school sent an official transcript? I noticed that they asked for it on the portal and claim 10th and 11th grades are missing. Maybe that’s why it’s being held up for us at least.

The SRAR is optional. If the portal says your grades for 10th grade and 11th grade are missing, I kindly suggest you reach out to admissions and explain that your school sent your transcript with all grades through 11th grade included, and also ask why the portal is showing your grades are missing. FWIW, my DS23 went ahead and submitted his SRAR even though his school sent a transcript. He did all of the optional items in hopes it would demonstrate even more interest.

1 Like

My daughter also completed all the recommended items to show interest. Not sure if Baylor takes that into account, but in attending many other different university zoom calls, they have always have stated to do all required and recommended items.

To the person asking about when they stop posting decisions for the semester- a batch must have gone out tonight because my son got an acceptance, and he applied Nov 1 but Regular Decision not EA. We’re holding our breath on Getterman/Other Merit Aid or else it’s out of reach anyway. So they are still posting decisions tonight. Maybe you will hear!
PS- He never did input the SRAR.

1 Like

Congratulations!! What major? Also waiting for Getterman, hopefully will be good news. Good luck to your son.