Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

He put down Economics, but he applied to University Fellows and will apply to Business Fellows and then if he gets in both ask more at our visit and change a “major” to those. Without knowing merit aid, it’s tough to visit. (We are near the Great Lakes.) My policy with Child 1- 2017- was no visits until there is a merit competition weekend or money on the table (we were in an isolated mountain state then). It is really expensive and time consuming to get to these places if you don’t live by a major airport or nearby.
Getterman was a Hail Mary. --He had the flu on the video making day :-/ Miracles happen, but even an interview would probably be one. There is other merit though. Good luck on the Getterman to your child! It seems like such a small number when I look online at the current scholars.

I can just imagine how expensive it can get to just come and visit. As for the Getterman, we know it’s a long shot since only a handful get chosen, but it’s worth a try. Baylor is pretty expensive and we are hoping for a good merit scholarshp, because without one, it’s just not financially feasible. It’s a beautiful campus and they have a great curriculum, but not worth attending if you have mega debt after graduation.

2 Likes

Son applied Nov 1 EA still haven’t heard anything, He filled out that he was interested in the Invitation to Excellence. He also applied for the Baylor 2Baylor Medical. Has anyone heard back from any of these? or have been accepted. He has a high GPA, a good resume , and submitted his Test scores and goes to a Christian school. Wondering if he missed something in his application.

My son applied Oct 29 as well EA and has not heard anything

1 Like

The notifications for B2B Medical and Invitation to Excellence are supposed to come on Monday, December 12. Note that there is a very short turn-around to accept the invitation (December 16). You can find this information at this link (scroll way down on the page):
https://admissions.web.baylor.edu/costs-aid/freshman-scholarship-programs

1 Like

Okay thank you so much!!! Just concerned because he still hasn’t been accepted yet.

Does anyone know the timing on those events- i.e. what time they would end on the I2E day for flight purposes? When B2B or Getterman’s start in the morning? I know that is jumping the gun, but just in case, it would be good to know if travel would even be possible for us.

According to their website, on Jan 29, candidate Interviews with Honors College Faculty (In-Person Event). Then on Jan 21, Invitation to Excellence (Honors College Session). No times specified. I’m assuming that will be on the email for those that move to the next round. Best of luck!!

2 Likes

Does anyone know how much Baylor may give in merit scholarships aside from additional scholarships? We don’t qualify for other aid. My daughter was accepted late Oct and qualifies for I2E but I know very few of those are offered. Want to see if attending is even financially feasible with their merit scholarships. Thank you!

1 Like

I have the same question. We had Baylor on the list as a possible school based on outdated info from when my first child applied to schools (not Baylor) and her friend went to Baylor. (She loved it) We thought there was more of a ACT/GPA chart where you knew ahead kind of the range. By the time this child was applying and we realized it wasn’t like that, we just went ahead because we like the school. Does anyone know if I am crazy for thinking that back pre-pandemic there was more of a clear chart about likely scholarship amounts by test score/GPA? I may be. I have looked at too many colleges in my time as a parent! Good luck to all those who haven’t heard yet.

Yes, there used to be a chart where you could look up the SAT or ACT score and see what kind of merit scholarship the student would earn. This was pre-pandemic, before the school implemented their test optional policy. I imagine the chart went away since every accepted student is considered for merit aid whether they submit test scores or not.

DD got her acceptance email last Tuesday!! She applied mid October for Health Science studies.

3 Likes

Congrats!! I’m sure she is excited.

As a parent with a freshman son at Baylor this year, there truly is no rhyme or reason to when acceptances are sent out. They really are random and the timing doesn’t mean your child will/won’t be admitted or receive merit aid.

For what it is worth, my son is finishing up finals this week and has had a great experience thus far.

Sic ‘Em!

5 Likes

Hi everyone, congrats on the acceptances!! I just found out that I got accepted to Baylor a few days ago, but does anyone know when merit scholarships come out? I’m waiting on that to see if attending is a possibility. Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Here is the link to all of the notification dates:
https://admissions.web.baylor.edu/costs-aid/freshman-scholarship-programs

Congrats Caroline. Using last year as a gauge, merit scholarship recipients appeared to receive notice in mid-January. The website says merit will be awarded by Feb 1

1 Like

Has anyone received an email for the Invitation to Excellence. He also applied for the Baylor2Baylor Medical I read it was supposed to come out today?

We haven’t heard anything yet, still waiting.

3 Likes

We haven’t heard yet either. Also waiting.

1 Like