Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

They said they should find out around 7pm

4 Likes

This is what I came here to check on, too! Good luck to all!

1 Like

Good luck to everyone, hope we all hear good news. We have been anxiously waiting all weekend. At this point, we just want to find out one way or the other so we can move on.

4 Likes

My son says his Baylor portal was just updated. He received the “Invitation to Excellence” but not the B2B Medical. Good luck to everyone waiting for decisions.

4 Likes

Congrats!!!
Do you know where his Invitation to Excellence can be found I see SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS YOU’VE APPLIED FOR? Is that where you will find it?

Hello. It was in the CONNECT AND VISIT tab.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! I thought there would be an email. We just checked and my daughter received it too!

4 Likes

Can you let me know if there is a decision made on admission as well when I2E is received?

Sadly did not receive an Invitation to Excellence and B2B Medical. I think he was hoping to get one. He has a very strong resume high GPA and ACT. :frowning:

Unfortunately, my daughter is not a finalist for Getterman. We will continue with other scholarship opportunities. Already turned in essay for Distinguished, pending news on that one. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

My daughter didn’t get I2E, we weren’t really expecting it. She turned in her Distinguished Scholar essay yesterday (attended last week) so I guess we will hear about that at some point. Honestly, Baylor is looking like too pricey an option for us unless some merit comes through.

2 Likes

Hi. Is anyone else in a situation where your child got invited to I2E but has not yet been admitted? We are really stumped as to why she has not yet been admitted, as it seems certain she will be having been invited to I2E. Thanks!

1 Like

No but my daughter received her Distinguished Scholars invite before her acceptance. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t admit your daughter, it’s definitely weird the way they do that.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you can receive both I2E and B2B invites?

1 Like

I applied 10/6. I didn’t get invited to anything and I haven’t been accepted yet. I am having trouble understanding. My HS counselor is stumped and the admission counselor couldn’t tell me anything.

4.0 UW, 4.45 W
1470 SAT (one attempt)
National Merit Commended
National Hispanic Scholar
International Teaching Internship
Pharmacy Internship
Phi Theta Kappa

For my daughter, she was first admitted and then signed up to indicate her interest in the I2E scholarship via the portal by a certain date. I’m not sure if there is another way to be invited, that is just how it happened for her.

I heard elsewhere that they only offer maybe two full scholarships. I have no idea how much they offer for merit - merit will likely be the deciding factor for us financially.

1 Like

Son was not a finalist for Getterman either (didn’t have expectations, but there was hope). He did get an invite to Invitation to Excellence, but they don’t give so many scholarships there from what I understand and at long odds, and they seem to top out at $20,000, so I am not sure about going down for the visit at a cost of 2 months mortgage just in travel to I2E. He is really interested in Baylor, so it’s going to be a difficult decision to even make the trip since should be win, the cost is still so high to attend. (Complicated biological father situation rules out aid from CSS schools for us.) So we are in same boat about weighing his interest in the school and the aid outlook.

1 Like

Does anyone know if a student receives I2E scholarship, is the student precluded from any other merit aid?

My son was invited to Distinguished Scholars in October and is planning to attend in January- but still no acceptance! Really strange, but hoping to have some good news soon.

3 Likes

I had the same question. Did you get an answer to your question?

1 Like