Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

So I got an email for when I was accepted to the university, but not when I got into honors for BIC. I just found it under the BIC application and there was a new checklist item…

I have also heard others who did not receive a notification for Honors, so just keep checking the portal. Best of luck for Uscholars!

1 Like

Congrats!!

Thanks! That’s super helpful to see!

Congratulations on BIC!

1 Like

I can’t answer that definitively but DS was invited to DSD prior to getting accepted (he ended up getting accepted a couple of days before our trip). If you can swing it, I would definitely recommend attending - they really roll out the red carpet.

This is good information to have. Thank you! It’s a hike and expense for us to visit, so I didn’t want us to go down there and have him not accepted, but it appears the EA acceptance date is prior to his DSD date, so we’ll know for sure by then. Nothing like the opportunity to practice patience! Have a great weekend!

I have read several years of threads and have never seen a case where there was a DSD invite and then an admission denial. I think it’s basically a guarantee.

D24 got admitted to Honors. It was in the portal. No email, but then we don’t seem to receive any portal-related email, so we don’t know exactly when that happened.

1 Like

I’m with you! We live far away (DC) and the only available DSD day was two weeks after. It was not a small project (or expense) to get there, but I’m really glad we did. I, too, was totally paranoid.

Congrats on honors! I don’t think my kid got an email about the DSD but only saw it on the portal.

DC to Waco is not a quick trip! We’re hoping Waco will have nicer weather than we typically do when my son goes in January. :smile:

1 Like

Anyone here get invited to DSD after applying Test Optional?

My daughter did last year. Similar to a lot of posts, she got the DS notice first and then the acceptance. She didn’t wind up attending Baylor but it’s a great school.

1 Like

We are trying to plan our trip, too! We’re coming from PA and yes… not an easy trip. It’s definitely a concern for us as it does seem like a hassle to get there.

Yep, my DS did.

Anyone here accepted into the aviation major? Thanks

yes

1 Like

Did you get both acceptances at the same time? Also did you do ED or EA? Were you TO? Thanks!

Ea, test optimal, acceptance and then dsd invite.

If you scroll up in the thread you can see everyone’s timelines.

I scrolled up and you said your son applied pre-pt for exercise physiology. I was asking if anyone had been accepted to the aviation major. Congrats to your son!