Berkeley and UCLA?

I everyone, I’m a french student and I applied for some college in United States as a freshman and I took the test I had to take (SAT, TOEFL, SAT Subejc Test ) and, unfortunatelly, because of many problem, I was unable to prep myself to the SAT, and I got a 1070 …
I’m really disapointed because I know I could have a 1400 or a 1500.

So here is my question, even with a 1070 SAT scores ( 1600 / 2400 ) is it possible for me to get into UCLA or Berkeley if I have a good GPA, and a good profile ?

Out of reach. Also no financial aid for internationals so can you afford to pay $55,000/year for four years?

UCB’s 25th and 75th percentile for SAT scores:
SAT Critical Reading: 630 - 750
SAT Mathematics: 660 - 780

UCLA’s 25th and 75th percentile for SAT scores:
SAT Critical Reading:620 - 740
SAT Mathematics: 640 - 770

Unless you have an exceptional GPA, EC’s and essays, your chances are slim with a low SAT. You are about 200 points below the 25th percentile. Apply to some schools where you SAT scores would be above average.

I do not want to apply to others school.
I want to come in USA for the good college, if I do not get in, I would stay in France.

Also, it’s too late to take another SAT no ? I have to try again the next year ?

UC’s only take up to the December sitting so too late. There are plenty of “good” schools in the US but they will expect competitive test scores.

To get into a “good” school you need to have good stats. There are many applicants from France with high test scores. You may want to consider some test optional schools. But they too will generally give no financial aid to internationals.

Do you guys, advise me to try again next year, with a prep ?

Take the next SAT even though it is too late for this year. Get your act together and prepare for it. If you still get about 1100 then stay in France or set your sights for lower ranked US schools.

If I take the next SAT, I’ll be able to apply for the next year only, I mean for 2018 no ?

Doesn’t France have some universities you are interested in ?