Berklee Early Action 2023

Hi, DS has applied and had audition a couple of weeks ago. I see in earlier threads from 2013 that there were batches of acceptances that went out prior to the Jan 31 date. Can any parents or students from past year or so share their experience with early action timing. I thought I had read something about a Dec 15th response time but maybe I am confusing it with another school. Thanks

I am in same boat as you and trying to find out if there are rolling decisions or maybe a Dec and Jan decision for Berklee. He got all his prescreens in today - ugh so much work for these kids - but his heart is set on Berklee. Audition was two weeks ago.

I posted the question on a few other boards here - will report back if I hear anything!

You can simply call music admissions at Berklee and ask. It’s not OK to call and ask about a decision for your kid. But it is OK to call and ask for a clarification on the admissions process Do they roll decisions or not? In general, when should you hear? Keep it short and sweet. And, in most cases, the phones are picked up by grad students and they understand the anxiety. Just remember even if they give a date, it can still be a moving target.

1 Like

Accepted EA Berklee 2023.

He checked his portal today and “your decision is ready” was waiting for him. We are done!

3 Likes

Did you get EA decision for Berklee Fall 2023 we are still waiting

Yes. My son auditioned in mid November in LA. On 12/16 he checked his portal and his decision was waiting. We never got an email.

Hi, still waiting as well. From other groups and a quick Reddit search, looks like Jan 31 is the date for us. The earlier decisions seem to be for kids that auditioned in the Aspire program over the summer, or for certain majors. My son auditioned on guitar and the program is pretty big. I think we are waiting til the 31st unfortunately to hear anything.

Great news!!

Thank you! I think you and I did the same search trying to anticipate decision date. I was prepared for 1/31 but saw a few people had heard that week in December so I nudged him to look in his portal. My son auditioned on piano and his friend, who was also accepted in December, is a drummer. Both are at the same high school and auditioned the same date.

Sending you best wishes for 1/31!

My son auditioned virtually on guitar 12/2 and received decision 12/16 (woo hoo!). He attended aspire in 2021 but not this past summer. No email notification.

1 Like

Congratulations! `I joined the Berklee Parents Group on Facebook and it has been a very welcoming group.

3 Likes

Where in the portal did you see the acceptance?

When he went into his portal there was a message that said “your decision is ready”. I think it was red. He clicked on that and then the acceptance letter came up. This was mid December.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Congrats on your son’s acceptance. ! Daughter is waiting on early action decision. I want to make sure we know where to look was it portal area that right now just says “ application complete” with a circle in center? I see a next steps button but that just leads to me viewing her past audition date. Thanks!

Have her check this morning. Son’s acceptance was in there as of midnight.

2 Likes

My son got his acceptance today. Yay! :tada:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone. My son received an acceptance to Berklee today (he auditioned a couple of weeks ago). We want to be excited because it’s his first choice, but the scholarship offer was only $8000, and that isn’t nearly enough to make the school affordable for us. They did ask us to fill out the College Board Profile. I’m wondering if that could result in substantial aid. Anyone else in this situation?

2 Likes

Yeah, my son got a bit more than that, but given how expensive it is, it’s still most likely not enough. He has two siblings that are in school, too, so it’s going to be tough to make it work.

We’ve been really up front with my son and his expectations are reasonable. He is vocal performance and will pretty much HAVE to get his Master’s so we’ve taken the approach to do our best to come out of undergrad with as little debt as possible and then shoot for the moon, and possibly pay for the moon, for your Master’s degree.

2 Likes

Same. $8,000 merit. Mine also said the CSS profile wasn’t filled out. But it was. Typically the financial aid portion is loans. So more debt to graduate into. Super bummed he didn’t get more. He got into other schools that are less $$ so have to figure it out.

2 Likes