Best dorm at UA

Hi everyone! I’ve been accepted into The University of Alabama’s honors college as a nursing major. I’ve already submitted the enrollment deposit, and I would love to submit the housing application soon. I haven’t submitted it yet because I’m torn on which dorms I like the most. Although I loved the honors dorms, they’re extremely expensive and too secluded in my opinion. I was hoping an Alabama alum or current student could help me decide what dorm I should apply for!

My preferences:
I’m interested in a co-ed dorm with a traditional college vibe. I’m not picky about whether it’s new or old. A HUGE factor for me is the dorm is close to the quad or “center of campus.” Basically, I want to be near all the activity and feel like I’m getting a unique experience.

You don’t have to know where you want to live to do the housing application. You want to do that as soon as possible. When it comes time to picks rooms, you will be assigned times based on when you filled out the housing app. So fill it out and then you’ll have plenty of time to research.
My daughter lived in Ridgecrest West last year and lives in Lakeside East last year. She liked Ridgecrest better I think, but both are nice. Right on the lake with ducks running around and close to the dining hall. But those are the only two dorms I know about.

I’m waiting for my application decision from UGA, which won’t be realeased until late November. I’m wanting to go to UGA (if I get in) because of Georgia’s amazing in-state merit aid. So, is the housing application fee refundable at UA if i decide to go to UGA? @LostTexan

I believe $275 out of the $300 is refundable.

Burke is a traditional college dorm. One side is guys, the other sides is girls (AFAIK). One of the better dining places is at Burke. You’re close to the sororities, if you pledge one, two blocks from the Quad, and on the same side of campus as the nursing school.

Thank you so much! I’m glad you listed the location because that is a dealbreaker for me. Burke sounds like the way to go!