Best Nursing Program?

<p>Any opinions on the these nursing programs?</p>

<p>Creighton University- Direct Entry 4 years
Loyola University Chicago- Direct Entry 4 years
Illinois Wesleyen- Direct Entry 4 years
Ohio State University- 1+3 </p>

<p>I have been accepted to all and these are my top choices</p>

<p>After I finish my RN I’d like to become a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Midwife.</p>

<p>I am not knowledgeable about all the programs you listed but my general advice is to select a “direct entry” program instead of a 1+3 program.</p>

<p>From tOSU Nursing site:</p>

<p>Admission statistics
The College of Nursing received 409 applications for Autumn 2012 enrollment. Of those, 257 applications were from Ohio State pre-nursing students, 127 (49%) of whom were offered admission. The remaining students were admitted were from other majors at OSU and transfer students from other colleges and universities who had taken equivalent prerequisite courses. The average overall GPA of accepted applicants was 3.7 on a 4.0 scale. The average prerequisite GPA for accepted applicants was 3.7. The average overall GPA for applicants not accepted was 3.17. The average prerequisite GPA for applicants not accepted was 3.08. Admission to the College of Nursing remains extremely competitive. In addition to the student’s GPA, essay responses are strongly considered.</p>

<p>Supposedly first-year Honors Students are guaranteed admission to the BSN program:</p>

<p>“First-year Honors students: Students entering Ohio State as a University Honors student will be guaranteed admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program if they maintain University Honors status and enroll in the pre-nursing option.”</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>