best nursing schools for me ?

<p>hello i'm currently a senior and am looking for which
schools i should apply for . my gpa gr 9-12 (no pe)
is 3.772, rank 80. my gpa gr 10-12 (no pe) is 3.864,
rank 48. (class count 654) . i did not score well on
my first sats (1500) but i had retook them today and
believe i had improved . i am planning on taking sat 2
next month as well . i currently live in san jose, ca and
so far i plan on applying to USF . some reach colleges
i plan on applying to are USC USD and UCLA . my fallback
would be SJSU . </p>

<p>anyway i'm not too educated on colleges and such so
any advice and help would be greatly appreciated .</p>

<p>again i am planning on becoming a nurse .. perhaps a
registered psychiatric nurse . thank you !</p>

<p>If you are planning on getting a BSN then I would look at the direct entry programs as opposed to the delayed entry. Just my opinion…</p>

<p>I’m a senior, also planning on becoming a nurse, and from your area. How coincidental, haha. Here’s my college list ranked from 1st choice down.</p>

<ol>
<li>UCLA</li>
<li>UCI</li>
<li>Azusa Pacific</li>
<li>Point Loma</li>
<li>CSU Long Beach</li>
</ol>

<p>With UCLA and UCI, you get into the nursing program right away. (Which is why they are my top) At the rest you take pre reqs and then get into the nursing program, which could take longer than four years seeing as how nursing is so impacted (especially at the CSU level). I would add UCI to your list since you’re already applying to UCLA. And be aware that UCI and UCLA have supplemental materials required for nursing (An essay and 2 letters of rec). I contacted a UCLA nursing admissions officer and she said they typically get around 600 applications for about 50 spots. /: She also said the average gpa of admits is around a 4.2.</p>

<p>Hope that helps. (: I was going to apply to USF…but it’s so crazy expensive! Good luck with applications!</p>

<p>PS USC and USD do not have undergraduate nursing. There are not many nursing programs in CA. It’s sad. ):</p>

<p>I went to SFSU 30 years ago [San</a> Francisco State University - School of Nursing](<a href=“http://www.nursing.sfsu.edu/main.aspx]San”>http://www.nursing.sfsu.edu/main.aspx)</p>

<p>The program was good, no idea about now, but the best part was you do your clinical rotations all over S.F. so really get a sense of the city. My peds rotation was at Stanford which is how I came to work there after I got out of school.</p>