Best Nursing Schools

<p>Hi, Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about the Rutgers U, New Brunswick,NJ program? My daughter is applying to TCNJ, UDel, Catholic U, Fairfield U, Villanova {My alma mater], and York College, possibly Drexel and U Maryland.</p>

<p>Actually Rutgers-NB has an excellent Nursing Program, certainly at least equal in quality to all the schools you listed. Very very few OOS students are accepted into the program, however.
Just FYI-Univ. of Maryland at College Park does not offer Nursing as a major, you have to apply to Univ. of Maryland in Baltimore County for Nursing.</p>

<p>Marymount is highly regarded around Herr in the DC/Maryland/VA area.</p>

<p>Also, it’s University of Maryland Baltimore which has nursing and they don’t accept any freshmen - you apply for the second two years only. UMBC does not have nursing.</p>

<p>Thanks greenwitch. I did mean the University of Maryland in Baltimore (not Baltimore County). As you noted it is not direct entry. I guess if anyone was really interested in the Univ. of Maryland in College Park you could complete your first two years there, apply to the Nursing School, and hope you get accepted by the School of Nursing in Baltimore. Obviously there is no guarantee you would be accepted. The School of Nursing is an excellent Nursing School.</p>

<p>Other people have written on this message board that reportedly Drexel will not let you graduate unless they are sure you will pass the RN licensing exam on your first try. That is how they maintain the highest pass rate in PA.</p>

<p>I don’t know anythnig specific about their nursing program, but York College of PA. seems like it would be worth a visit. It is a pleasant campus on the south side of the city of York. They recently built a new set of dorms and a new gym to the west of the main campus. For a private college, they have very reasonable tuition.</p>

<p>York College is also within walking distance from the largest hospital in the county, York Hospital.</p>

<p>Bump…</p>

<p>Sent from my PC36100 using CC App</p>

<p>just to piggyback onto what Mwallenmd said, I applied to a bunch of northeast nursing schools and (being from jersey) UDel was the best choice financially for me. Tuition for pitt is a lot higher for the school of nursing, and being OOS, it was way too costly for me in the long run. Definitely apply to pitt and penn state before school starts. They have rolling admission and fill up their spots in the SON quickly.
I’m a freshman now at UDel, and I absolutely love it here!!!</p>

<p>Pitt has a great program, not a big fan of PSU…havng clinicals in Hershey detracts from the ‘allure’ of being in Happy Valley…D1 applied to many of schools cwag954 mentions, and is extremely happy at Villanova…Spent the summer working at Penn…the proximity to a city like Philly is fantastic</p>