Best undergrad bsn programs?

HI! I am a rising senior and I live in Virginia. I am very interested in being a nursing major but I do not want to apply into a nursing school while in college. Which schools on the east coast offer great bsn programs for incoming freshmen for a relatively low cost of attendance? Thank you so much!

Take a look at your instate universities for affordable options: Radford, James Madison, George Mason to start.

If you are looking for direct admission nursing programs, consider Pennsylvania, where there are approximately 50 schools offering direct admission from high school. If you have good stats, some of the private schools may offer substantial merit aid. The PASSHE (PA state) schools, particularly western PA schools such as IUP, Clarion, and Edinboro, also have relatively reasonable OOS costs. Look at York College of PA, which is private but has lower costs than most private schools. and offers merit aid. I think most of the VA schools (other than UVA) are not direct admit.

My bad . @kidzncatz is correct (Radford, JMU, George Mason are not direct admit.). But also look at VCU.

VCU isn’t generally direct admit either, though there is a guaranteed admission program for highly qualified applicants in the Honors College.

https://honors.vcu.edu/admissions/guaranteed-admission/gnursing-requirements/

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help! I will definitely look into some of the PA schools.