BFA at Molloy College/CAP 21

If anyone is so inclined, go back and read my very first post on this thread. When Class One embarked on its journey, we really had no idea how the new partnership between CAP21 and Molloy College would be perceived in the industry. Well, the legendary CAP 21 name and training carried over well! No worries, folks…the industry is waiting for your kids with open arms! BAL, BAL to all!

Does anyone know if you can tour Cap 21 studios in the summer ? We will be in the city in August for a quick day trip and wanted to see the space .If yes who would I contact ? .I tried to go to their website but it looks like it doesn’t have one anymore since it did away with the 2 year program. Thanks

@dramamama3 - I think the best person to contact would be Rebecca Overton who is the recruitment coordinator for CAP21. roverton@molloy.edu

@waitingforlife thank you for the contact info

@dramamama3 - I believe Rebecca is on summer break until sometime in August, so she may not respond to your email. If you do not get a hold of her, you can try contacting someone else at the department (like the administrative assistant listed below).
The contact info that is on their website is as follows:

For admissions and recruitment inquiries please contact:
Rebecca Overton
Theatre Arts Recruitment Coordinator
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, New York
11571-5002
Phone: 516.323.4405
Email: roverton@molloy.edu

For all other inquires please contact:
Christine Carbone
Administrative Assistant Department of Theatre Arts
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, New York
11571-5002
Phone: 516.323.3971
Email: ccarbone@molloy.edu

UPDATE ON LIFE AFTER GRADUATION - I am beyond thrilled to announce that D has been offered a part in The Fireside Dinner Theatre’s production of “Elf: The Musical” – ensemble, u/s Jovie!!! She has to be in Fort Atkinson, WI on October 15. The pay is great, and they put the actors up and feed them to boot. Plus: 10 Equity points. Tears of joy here - my girl is on her way!

Congratulations @EastchesterMom! What fabulous news!

@EastchesterMom That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing the news!

That’s wonderful, @EastchesterMom - congrats to your D!

It will happen for your kiddos, too - never give up, never surrender!

That’s awesome, @EastchesterMom ! Thanks for keeping us posted. It’s so fun to hear about what’s happening post college for class one!

Wow @EastchesterMom that is amazing news! So happy for you and your D! Congratulations!!

Thank you so much @JavaJo

@EastchesterMom I’ve been off the forum for quite a while but just dropped in today and saw your news! Wanted to add my congrats to you and your D! Make sure she bundles up - I hear WI winters are chilly, cuz you know, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” LOL

My grateful thanks to all of you! I am a little concerned about her driving 14 hours in the snow (of course, I already have a TripTik from AAA), but hey, it could be a lot worse!!!

My D has Molloy/Cap 21 on her list, but would like to ask a few questions of current/past. If your D or S would be willing to answer a few questions for her and you wouldn’t mind messaging me to figure out how to put them in contact I would appreciate it (I don’t have enough posts to send messages yet.)! I will say I have no idea what she wants to ask lol. Thanks in advance!

@MTSongbirdMom I’m sure my son would be happy to chat, however, he will just be starting Freshman year in a couple of weeks so he may not be the best source of information yet. Paging @CentralOHmomof4 and @EastchesterMom in hopes that one of you can help.

@MTSongbirdMom - I’m happy to help, but I can’t offer up my D…she’s a working girl now (thank goodness!). She is still in NH at the Weathervane, where professionally she is having the summer of her life…the workload is very demanding, but she is getting rave reviews from her director and a ton of great networking. Next she’s off to WI and the Fireside Theatre. So if your D wants a student’s perspective, I hope one of the others can step in. If it’s program-related questions, the best source is one of us parents, or, even better, Rebecca Overton, roverton@molloy.edu.

A word about the Weathervane Theatre’s internship program - have your D or S audition for it (Straw Hats or NETC). You don’t have to have your BFA; they take current students, too. Yes, you have to pay for their room and board ($2500), but trust me, it’s WELL WORTH IT. D has been in 4 mainstage shows, and the interns are in all the kiddie shows, too (Weathervane interns are called The Patchwork Players; they travel throughout the community on Tuesdays and Fridays and put on shows for kids). It is a very taxing schedule - Weathervane reps its shows; there is a different show every night, so the kids have to learn all the shows at once. D says that any gig she ever has for the rest of her life will be easier than this summer, but she loves it and is grateful for the amazing experience she is having there. Oh, and she will get 9 Equity points. To be a Weathervane intern is a prestigious thing. D is proud to be the first Molloy/CAP21 student to be accepted. BTW, a 2010 intern just won a Tony for The Band’s Visit.

Hey there @MTSongbirdMom , my D (rising sophomore) would, I’m sure, be happy to talk. DMing you now… :slight_smile: