Binge watched tv shows

@Veryapparent and @momsquad - Sorry “This is Us” didn’t work for you. I would have said that just watching the post-Super Bowl episode without the background might not be a good strategy, but I can’t account for not getting hooked in the first half of the first season as many have (there’s a whole thread for it here on CC with a cohort of dedicated fans).

Whoever made the recommendation for “The Fall” gets a huge THANK YOU from me and DH! Not sure what’s coming next, but Le Mante and Retribution are high on the list.

I already said it but it bears repeating, yes, THANK YOU for suggesting The Fall (Hoping Gillian Anderson gets to reprise the role) and for suggesting Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (not interested in stand up so wasn’t going to check it out -what a mistake that would have been).
And thanks to this thread, I’m about to start Retribution! :slight_smile: So, thanks to all of you Retribution fans.
Black Spot looks super spooky, atmospheric, and very different from the “Amelie” France often shown in the US.

What is MOITJ?

Mozart In The Jungle

Has anyone watched Rita on Netflix? Opinions?

In general I like the acting in “This is us”. I found last night’s reveal boring and annoying. I had predicted on
the “This is us” thread in Sept. that Jack died of heart attack or possibly something else but not in the fire.
I really dislike hype and Jack’s death seems unending. I specially dislike how so often when someone dies
the pedestal comes out. Yes, Jack was an unusually good husband and father. But this is on and on so
many years later. Seems to me that if he had left his family in a good place that quite a bit more healing
would have happened over the years.

The scenes of the future with Roland and his daughter/black boy and new foster parent is being greatly
praised. Switch and bait. Trite.

The most redeeming acting last night was Rebecca’s response to learning of Jack’s death.
Its was perfectly written and executed. Just a good piece all the way around.

Randall :slight_smile:

Yes, oops

Me too! I kept falling asleep on it.

I’ve been watching The Path on Hulu over the last week or so and enjoying it.

I have enjoyed all the seasons of Rita, to whoever asked upthread. Some plot lines, or episodes or scenes are dies or silly but overall I liked it. This new season I thought is the best of all.

@Iglooo Yes, we watched Rita and enjoyed it. Interesting view of Danish life.

OMG, I am trying to slow down on Rita because I don’t want it to end :(( .
Starting season 4…force myself to not stay up all night.
I love subtitles. I am fascinated with the Danish language and kept hearing Hebrew tones.
Sure enough there is a heritage. I am terrible with languages so was proud of myself.
No, I am not even Jewish.

Where do you find “Rita”?

Rita is on Netflix. It was made about 5 years ago. They were going to remake it for the USA
but it never happened.

New to this thread, so I didn’t read very far back. Just recently H and I found “Episodes” streaming on Netflix. We cut the cord five years ago so we’d never heard about it when it aired, but we liked it so much we binged all five seasons in about ten days. That’s not as bad as it sounds, they’re 28-minute episodes and only 41 total. We laughed a lot!

Whoever recommended Black Spot thank you! We are halfway in and it’s totally mesmerizing!

Just finished La Mante. More twists than a pretzel! Is it just me or did anyone else think that the male lead, Damien, looks like the love child of Steve Carell and Maxim Chmerkovskiy?

Now I’m starting Retribution. The first episode was really good. I’m hooked!

I have been binge-watching Scandal. I never saw the show until I started this binge. It is silly, ridiculous, eye-roll inducing, and absolutely addictive. Loving it!

Homeland is back on Feb 11. Scandal on March 29.

Finally checked out Atypical and am really enjoying it. The kids are great. I thought it was going to be more earnest, but it’s funny and engaging (with a lot of sugar-coated earnestness snuck in there, to be sure). I don’t particularly like the parents, but you are not supposed to. It’s nice to see Jennifer Jason Leigh in something again – I have always thought she was a really intelligent actress.