Binge watched tv shows

Wow, The Americans finale is the best TV finale I’ve ever seen. That scene with Stan in the garage was incredible. I didn’t breathe. I’m really going to miss this show.

@patsmom. Also had chills with Stan in the garage scene! I thought it was really good. My husband disappointed as far as finales go (not sure why?) Still a question about something Phillip said (I don’t want to spoil anything). A show we’ll miss! Will give the upcoming Kevin Costner show a try, Yellowstone. And Sharp Objects on HBO in July starring Amy Adams.

https://www.simplemost.com/netflix-has-a-ton-of-secret-movie-categories-heres-how-to-access-them/?utm_campaign=bomlaicos&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=facebook&partner=bomlaicos&utm_content=9635&umtscde=1fd10&umtctd=bGxsbmRpNnhocGRucHg2

This came across my Facebook feed today. It’s a good way to search Netflix for the genre you’re interested in. Scroll all the way to the end to access all the category codes. It’s got everything from Scandinavian Movies to Period Pieces to Epics. Pretty cool!

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet, but DH and I discovered “Catastrophe” tonight. Very funny show, about an American who gets an Irish woman pregnant and they decide to marry. Carrie Fisher plays the guy’s mother! It gets 100% from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes. The finale of the third season was Fisher’s last on-screen performance.

The Fourth Estate on Showtime is excellent.
Behind the scenes of the New York Times
4 episodes so mini binge

Oh, my - just watched the last episode of “The Americans.” No spoilers from me, but - the garage? The train? U2? Amazing!

In a way, it reminded me of the finale of “Breaking Bad.” Complicated characters who get the send-off they deserve.

Just finished binging on Killing Eve. Thanks for that recommendation! Great fun. Bummer it’s over. Sigh. Now what do I watch :frowning:

@Barbalot You have prompted me to dig into Season 7 of Offspring and I am loving it so much. This is such a great show. Thank you!

@patsmom, thank you for that link! Need to do some research before we start another series.

We decided to try Offspring a few days ago. Thank you to whoever mentioned it- it’s hilarious and S and H are both hooked, too. We are starting season 2.

I’m doling out the last few episodes of Offspring I have left since I don’t want it to end. It was supposed to end after season 5, I think, and there was a lovely finale. Two years later, they decided to resurrect the show with two more seasons. I think it’s finally done with, though.

Sadly, I think you’re right, @Barbalot . I truly binged it this weekend and have finished. I’m happy with the way the final episode was written. I won’t say anything more! Such a great show, though, and wonderful performances by all. I’ll miss the Proudmans.

I watched all seasons of The Offspring and really enjoyed it. I remember one scene, probably in the first season, that I was laughing so hard, dh wonder what the heck I was watching on my iPad. I, too, was satisfied with the final episode.

Just started it last night thanks to the recommendations here. So good!!!
It is a 2010 production so doubt I would have discovered it on my own. Thanks.

Is there a search on Netflix??? I had to hunt for this show.
I googled this question and could not find a straight answer.

I watch Netflix on my TV and it took a while for me to find the search function myself. On my TV, I have to scroll up from the first screen that comes on even though it appears I’m already a the top. There’s a magnifying glass-type of search icon that comes up. Then I laboriously spell the name of the show from the alphabetical grid that comes up.

Has anybody watched ‘Rectify’? The story of an 18 y/o teen sent to Georgia death row and released 20yrs later? A must watch - and, as a side benefit, Aden Young is eye candy!

Yes, Rectify is excellent!

I started Rectify alone, but then stopped since I wanted H to watch it too. I’ll have to go to that next after Offspring. I’m at the end of season 4 and gobsmacked. I am way too invested in these people!!

@psychmomma You’re a good wife! I could not wait for DH to catch up

The second season of Marcella is out on Netflix today. I also just binge watched the second season of Cardinal on Hulu. I don’t know if these have been mentioned on this thread before. Very good, but very intense.

I started Rectify a while ago, but it didn’t grab me. Maybe I’ll try it again.