Binge watched tv shows

Agree about Offspring. It is completely addicting and I am staying up too late watching
“just one more episode”.

Halfway through Rectify. Oh lord. It’s much slower moving than Offspring (which we just finished), but very engaging. It reminds me of Bloodline or Ozark in its dark, broody way.

Re: Offspring. I watched the entire series earlier this year and fell in love with all the characters. Such a well written show and I loved the progression of Nina’s character from a bumbling, neurotic gal to a mature and more confident woman. I absolutely loved the actress who played her sister.
I’m now watching The Americans on amazon prime and enjoying it. I left Peaky Blinders for it, lol. Maybe I’ll go back

Finished Season 4 of Bosch and it was very good. Up next is Safe, created by Harlan Coben for Netflix. Michael C. Hall as a Brit! Should be interesting.

@alwaysamom – I was disappointed by Safe. As well as Michael C. Hall’s British accent…

We really liked Safe. Now we’ve started Doctor Foster. Another British drama and good so far.

@psychmomma I thought Safe was just ok (liked Secret Smile better with David Tennant). You will really enjoy Dr Foster, I recently finished season 2…wow it gets twisted. Can’t wait for season 3

It gets more twisted? Lol! We finished season 1 tonight. Wow.

Don’t think I’ve seen Ripper Street mentioned. Stars Matthew Macfadyen (Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice). Set in Whitechapel in the late 1800s, it follows the professional and personal lives of a small police unit. Very compelling characters with lots of historical references woven in (not sure how accurate they are) and an excellent cast.

First episode or two were a bit confusing, but then we were really drawn in. Recommend watching with closed captions on as some of the British accents and slang can sometimes be hard to follow.

For reference, our favorite binged shows of the past year are Bosch and Bloodline. H also loved Peaky Blinders.

I just finished “Picnic at Hanging Rock” .(Amazon Prime) I am not sure how I feel about it. It does not have a conclusive ending.
I did enjoy watching Natalie Dormer chew up the scenery.

I third Dr. Foster! Great show. I just started Requiem - anybody else?

After a few episodes, I am finding Safe entertaining but not terrific. It is very much like Coben’s The Five, the same feel, the same silly things that some of the characters do, the chewing the scenery direction, etc. Still entertaining, and I like how they end each episode with a mini-cliffhanger. :slight_smile:

As to Michael’s English accent, I think it’s fine, if not terribly convincing. I think our view of it is influenced by us knowing that he is not a Brit. I have friends who were familiar with several of the British actors who are on The Walking Dead prior to that show and how they all sound odd to them speaking with somewhat American accents. Same kind of thing. One amusing thing I noticed in one episode was that he mentioned a particular piece of clothing with the North American term rather than what the Brits call it. I was surprised to see that they left it in.

@psychmomma yes it does and it’s sad and disturbing at the end.

I think I’ve hit a plateau watching The Americans. I can only take one episode per day at this point although I really want to find out what happens at the end. It’s all I can do to not google it! Meanwhile I’ve found a nice distraction on amazon prime called All or Nothing, a behind he scenes documentary about the All Blacks. Sooo good!! That Haka tho :open_mouth:

@CALSmom - we are three episodes in on season 2 and S and I have already had a few occasions where we looked at each other and said “This is going to end badly.”

Watching Offspring. DH was eh after first (long) episode but is now on board. Took a while to grok the accents.

Finished Doctor Foster last night. Whoa… I think we need something less intense next…

@psychmomma IKR? I still want to watch season 3 because I have to know what happens with their son

Are they making a season 3? I feel almost traumatized after those 2 seasons. Good acting, too.

So I finished Requiem - I cant decide it I like it or not; the ending fell very flat, IMO