Binge watched tv shows

I did just watch Retribution and it was good. I saw it listed in one source in the category called “emotional” crime drama or somesuch. I’m less into the emotional.

I also watched a funny little ditty called The Indian Detective, Netflix sponsored, Canadian, starring comedian Russell Peters. Light. Action in Toronto and Mumbai. It’s only 4 episodes.

@psychmomma We just finished the third episode of Ozark season 2. We may have to put some time between episodes, so dark but very good. I enjoy seeing Jason Bateman in something different. US Open tennis now for something lighter! We can’t see Jack Ryan, no Hulu or Amazon.

Yep, US Open here, too! And also for lighter, I just started Mozart in the Jungle.

I will finish Orange is the New Black tonight.
I will finally stop having dreams about prisons and darkness.
I doubt if I will ever watch again even if they have another season.
Season 5 and Seasons 6 were too unhappy for me.

really enjoying the Jack Ryan series. Even my husband is tuning in;) Also enjoyed The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Enlightened on Amazon is my go to binge right now. Stars Laura Dern as a divorcee who lives with her Mom in Riverside CA struggling to keep a dead end job in a large corporation. I really like it and is a nice break from crime drama and teenie bopper movies.

Good news for Offspring fans: A show by its creators, Sisters, is now on Netflix. It’s about three very different sisters who discover each other (and about 100 brothers) because their Nobel-winning bio dad who headed a fertility clinic made his own “contributions” to the moms trying to get pregnant. Same quirky vibe. And, well, the parental issues.

The Finnish Bordertown has a second season, release is supposedly mid October. I don’t know if that means in Finland or on Netflix.

We’re watching Fortitude. It’s pretty good- intriguing and strange.

I’m 3 episodes into “Secret City” on Netflix. Set in Canberra, Australia. I understand it’s different than the book(s) it’s based on, but doubt any of us ever encountered those. Good binge. A lot of these series feel pumped out, find an angle on crime and a timeline. This one, I’m interested in the characters.

I’ve finished Ozark. What a crazy season (and incredibly unbelievable) but so entertaining! Also watched The Sinner on Netflix and enjoyed that a lot. Bill Pullman and Jessica Biel were very good, as was the supporting cast.

Not a binge but we watched an interesting show on PBS last night about Andrew Wyeth. For any art lovers, I highly recommend it. He was such an amazing talent and such a complicated man. Check your listings to see if it will be repeated. It is part of the American Masters series.

@lookingforward , I think I recommended that up thread somewhere. Really enjoyed the character development. I think I read there is a 2nd year coming up!

Lol, amom2girls, such similar tastes.

In SC, I’m liking how, as characters develop, my reactions to them shift (or wondering if there’s more there.)

Supposedly filming for season 2 started in Feb.

Watched the first Midsomer Murders and DH hated it. I really did not like all the cutsie characters either. The Detectorists was better, but didn’t compel either of us. We loved Foyle’s War and Ask the Midwife and The Crown and Downton Abbey. FWIW.

Just finished Sisters (Australian). It was entertaining but not fabulous.
Need to read back through here and find something new.

Just finished Mozart in the Jungle. It was so enjoyable- I loved the music and Rodrigo, in particular. I can’t figure out why I didn’t watch it long ago.

Started Sisters- looks to be entertaining so far.

Would someone who likes classical music and non edgy stories like Mozart in the jungle?

Give it a try @MYOS1634 – Mozart in the Jungle is fun, light, and different: I mean, how often do you see TV series about a classical orchestra?

I’ll try, it sounds fun, but I was thinking of buying the DVD to my mother :wink: and was wondering if it’d be ok

I just finished Season 1 (that is all there is so far) of Damages on Amazon Prime. Glenn Close, Ted Danson and a host of other familiar faces. The end was not entirely plausible, but it was still a very good legal/crime thriller. It starss with current events and then flashes back and forth until the flashbacks and current events meet, but it’s not hard to keep it straight. It was left open enough for there to be a second season.
Also watching Scott and Bailey on Amazon. They are a British Cagney and Lacey. Really enjoy it, and it is nice to have a show that doesn’t build the entire season, so the episodes are sufficiently stand-alone that there is some closure at the end.