Binge watched tv shows

@MYOS1634 , Mozart in the Jungle is one of my favorite binge series, but not one I would give my mother if she were still with us. Lots of language and some episodes have some nudity.

I’m rewatching Friday Night Lights. I forgot how much is packed into the first episode to just draw you in!! It is such a great series. H walked in after I’d watched the first 6 minutes and I said I could restart it, and he said well you’d better since it’s the best show ever made!

Just started Below the Surface on Hulu. It is a Danish hostage series. 2 episodes in and entertaining.

I’m not much for binging television. But just read this review of a show being released on Prime called “Forever” - sounds a little bit like me and my H and I’m curious.

An empty nest couple. She is interested in new things, he is not. A story of their journey.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/arts/television/forever-amazon-maya-rudolph-fred-armisen-review.html

@abasket - Putting “Forever” on the list – thanks!

After a major “Ozark” binge that encompassed all of Season 2 and tired of crime/detective shows (British or otherwise) we opted for something a tad lighter and a whole lot more wholesome. We’ve have taken to watching a Canadian program called “Anne with an 'E,” based on “Anne of Green Gables.”

@abasket : just to warn you, I’m watching the second episode, and "empty nest couple with one less adventurous than the other’ is not what it’s going to be about (unless something drastically changes). Also, it’s more bittersweet than comedic.

hmmm, I watched the first episode of Forever and part of the second.
I really disliked it. But I may have just been in a mood. If the word here is that
you are enjoying it I will try again.
Sadly, I have nothing to watch. Breezed through Atypical. It was quite good.

I haven’t started watching yet - I didn’t expect it to be comedic and I did sense that it wasn’t going to be very Brady Bunch-ish!!!

@LoveTheBard I love Anne with an E! I recently finished the second season and was happy to see that it was renewed for a third. I also enjoyed the second season of Atypical. I was especially happy to see that they used autistic actors this season. Being the mother of an autistic daughter, I sometimes feel that it hits a bit too close to home though. And I’m not particularly fond of the parents in the show, especially the mother. But I love the kids, who make the show worth watching.

@Mom2jl - Yes, “Anne with an E” has just the perfect amount of sweetness with enough spunkiness and compelling drama to get one hooked! I was really getting tired of crime dramas and detective stuff, so it’s such a delightful change!

Anne with an E is a lot of fun. I’ve always loved Lucy Maud Montgomery’s story about Anne. It has been transformed into dozens and dozens of productions - tv, film, radio, stage. Have a look at its Wikipedia page and you’ll likely be amazed at what’s been done in the 100+ years since the book was released. If you’re ever in Prince Edward Island, be sure to see the stage production that is on there every summer, and visit the museum, and the gabled house. I’m not sure if they are on Netflix but the three or four mini-series, based on the books, that were made in the '80s, with Megan Follows playing Anne, are very good.

Anne with an Email is very good.
Forever wasn’t my cup of tea.

Teen and I both love Atypical.

Binge watched “sharp object” this weekend. Enjoyed the acting and the music, along with Gillian Flynn’s typical plot twists (tho wished for a somewhat happier ending!). Is there going to be a season 2?

Watched “godless” loved seeing Zoey, Merritt Weber,from Nurse Jackie, in a leading role, along with Michele Dockerty , Downton Abbey Fame! Watched because it got so many Emmy nominations.
Also, Jeff Daniels as very bad man was something to see!

What’s ‘goldless’ about?

I really liked Godless, too!

I started Anne with an E last night. I was immediately hooked! It’s so good!

@MYOS1634 Here’s a link to the trailor for Godless which I also enjoyed
 https://www.netflix.com/title/80097141

Looks very good indeed. Will look it up!

Anne with an E is perfect - respectful of the piece material but making some implied information clear.

@MYOS1634 a western themed show, with strong female leads, a town of all women because men died in mining accident. An evil man, with warped religious views, is on a path of destruction seeking Roy Goode, who was like a son to him and betrayed him.

Warning there are plenty of violent scenes, I fast forwarded through one particular scene.
I read about each episode to know what was coming ( I’m not fond of guns and killing and there is plenty.

It is beautifully filmed, well acted.
Interesting to know the massacre which permanently affected Jeff Daniels ( Frank Griffin) actually happened. The west was a “godless” hard place, where ruthless men with guns often prevailed.

Mormons slaughtered men. Women and children in the mountain meadows massacre -
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.refinery29.com/amp/2017/11/182479/godless-frank-griffin-true-story-mountain-meadows-massacre

“Frank delves into a gruesome story time, and describes the traumatic incident that occurred at Mountain Meadows in Utah, back he was a boy traveling with his family by covered wagon from Arkansas to California.”