Binge watched tv shows

I just started My Brilliant Friend (HBO) It’s excellent.

Mrs Maisel season 2 is awful. What did they do? Why? 

@SouthJerseyChessMom Thanks for the info about Bruce on Broadway. I watched it last night. It is great, very emotional.

@sybylla: basically, the theme of the season is continuity v. change. Is Midge stuck? Is she going to go back to her old life by making choices expected of her? Is she going to drop Susie? Everybody else is trying to figure out the same thing - are they stuck, can they make other choices, are choices made for them, do they know what they want or just idealized it?
Watch till the end. Then go back to the beginning.

For Timeless fans, the 2-hour movie series finale is on Dec. 20, this Thursday.

And for Call the Midlife devotees, don’t forget Christmas special the evening of Dec. 25.

You are too kind Myos, production obviously had too much money and too little to do with it, other than pretty sets. It is full of filler and fluff. 

I started Ultraviolet, which is Polish, on Netflix. An interesting watch, though each episode seems (so far) to end with a resolution. It eliminates some of the “urgency” we associate with binging.

@lookingforward I’ve been watching Ultraviolet sporadically for a few months. I don’t binge for the same reason you noted. It is an interesting watch. I swear we find the same shows. An looking forward to Deutchland 86, which is a fast continuance of Deutchland 83.

I know, @amom2girls . If we were located closer, we could occasionally watch together. I’ll look into D83.

@sevmom glad you liked - the Esquire article ( Bruce is on the cover) speaks about his fathers mental health issues - schizophrenic, as I recall, it was not pleasant household- sheds more light on Bruce’s battle with severe depression!
S and DIL saw the live show early November said it was memorable!!! Son a big fan

We saw Bruce a couple of years ago but in a big venue. He played for almost 4 hours! This Broadway show was intimate, very different. I cried more than once! I definitely recommend it for anyone that loves Bruce Springsteen.

I can’t wait to see it. I’m saving it for an evening when I can relax and pay attention. I love Springsteen and have since I was 19.

We’re finally watching “Longmire”. I see why everyone recommends it!

I’m enjoying Midnight, Texas a lot. It’s Charlaine Harris and I love her books, and did watch all of True Blood though it jumped the shark, a bit.

Finished Homecoming w/Julia Roberts. Interesting series. Good cinematography. 10 episodes of 30 minutes. Felt very Hitchockian to me.

I’m enjoying watching the older Julia Roberts take (and do very well in) parts where she’s specifically UNglamorous, and in fact a bit homely. Like in Homecoming.

Julia Roberts is far from my favorite actress, but she was okay in Homecoming, which was good overall.

OT comment: when Julia Roberts married Lyle Lovett, I wondered what she saw in him (he’s no Adonis!!). So, curious, I listened to some of his music, which is in a genre I don’t usually touch. He’s VERY good. Then I started wondering what he saw in her!

Finally had a chance to spend the evening with Bruce Springsteen. It was fascinating to watch and listen and feel 19 again, remembering that moment at his concert in ‘81 when I fell for him hard. I enjoyed this format so much and what a bookend to the 4 hour high energy electrified concert where I first saw him. I will have to watch this again.

Just started watching “Corner Gas”, a Canadian sitcom on Amazon prime. Bone dry humor, I’m finding it hilarious!

We started watching The Romanoffs this week. Some episodes are slower than others, but so far an interesting show.