Binge watched tv shows

We are watching season two of the Kaminsky Method and it’s really good so far.

Oh man, first episode of Unbelievable was great. Truly horrible and I was fuming, but great. Episodes two and three are calming me down a bit.

Just started watching YOU on Netflix. It’s not new but somehow I missed it. It got my attention pretty quickly, lead is a complex character both horrifying and sympathetic and likeable. I binged several episodes so far, will watch it all for sure

https://www.netflix.com/title/80211991

I enjoyed YOU. Very different.

So excited for “His Dark Materials” that starts on HBO on Monday! I guess it’s not really available for binging, but that’s okay - I can watch it one episode at a time.

As long as it’s better than the “Golden Compass” movie, I’ll be happy.

I just gobbled up Succession on HBO. A truly horrible, despicable family in the vein of Rupert Murdoch’s family, but such a guilty pleasure. It was cast perfectly and the writing is amazing. Will Ferrell is an exec producer, so it is often darkly, darkly funny, too. I got through 2 seasons very, very quickly.

I’m excited for His Dark Materials, too, but I don’t have HBO, so I will have to wait a long time to see it. Our dog is named Lyra.

@JHS i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but His Dark Materials is getting rotten early critic reviews. Such a bummer because the books were amazing. I am really liking Watchmen. It’s dark, but very good. Regina King is on fire these days! So good.

I stopped watching after two episodes of YOU. I might be missing something but I was uncomfortable with the lead. I didn’t see how it will turn into something interesting.

It’s supposed to make you feel a little uncomfortable but it’s not for everyone.

As others have noted, the Kominsky Method’s second season is available. I really liked it.

Atypical’s Season Three was also recently released on Netflix. It’s about an autistic teen and his family. In this season, he starts college.

Just watched all of Dickinson onApple Tv. Loved it!

I was just coming to post that a new season of Atypical is now available. Very, very good - the series I mean! I haven’t watch the new season.

Which early reviews are you reading? I saw 84% on Rotten Tomatoes, 5 stars from the Guardian, and a very positive review on Slate. The only negative review I saw was on CNN. Yahoo says that the UK reviews are glowing while the US reviews are “less convinced.”

Still looks like it’s worth a watch!

Jack Reacher season two is now on Prime. I am enjoying it, good cold war spy type stuff.

Since I can’t binge-watch His Dark Materials, I just bought The Commonwealth of Dust. (But I may have to binge Atypical, the first two seasons of which I loved.)

Finished Unbelievable over the weekend. Very satisfying. The last episode was a suitable reward for having watched the horrifying first episode.

Has anyone mentioned “Modern Love?” All the episodes are stand-alone stories. DD told me to watch episode 3, which stars Anne Hathaway. Wow. Just wow. Had me in tears. I highly recommend it. I’m looking forward to watching other episodes now.

I watched Modern Love and liked it a lot. Each episode is good but if you intend to watch them all, watch them in order and definitely the last episode last.

@MaineLonghorn - my D has also been watching Modern Love and told me I should watch it.

I finally finished The Haunting of Hill House. Creepy!

Has anyone seen Reese Witherspoon’s show Shine On? I really like it! She interviews a variety of strong, ambitious women, prominent in their industries. I like the relaxed nature of the interview conversations.