Binge watched tv shows

Yes, Cheer is excellent! I had my doubts, too, after attending high school in Texas, ha. Cheerleaders and drill team members were goddesses, ha. I had at least two friends from middle school ditch me after they joined drill team in 9th grade. I wasn’t up to their standards. But the show is excellent. It’s changing some of my misconceptions of the sport.

What these kids do, and what cheerleaders did back when I was in high school (and probably to some extent today) – two different PLANETS. As you say, this is a sport, not a popularity contest for which you need only a modicum of skill.

Schitt’s Creek. Why didn’t anyone tell me that especially as the show progressed its primarily a show about the importance of friends and family and love? I thought it was some lowbrow humor thing only. It is truly one of the warmest, most delightful things I’ve ever seen. Only recent articles about the shows end clued me in.

Just started Outlander. Have seen only 2 episodes but I’m hooked. On the other hand, also just watched 4-5 episodes of The Stranger. Doesn’t hold my interest - will be passing.

@maya54 - yes, it just gets better and better. We love Schitt’s Creek and are so sorry it’s ending.

Now I’m going to give Schitt’s Cerritos another chance. Only made it to 4 or 5 episodes, and as @maya54 said, thought it was just lowbrow humor.

I did finish Messiah and thought it was binge-worthy. It will be hard to wait a year for Season 2.

@conmama It was about episode 6 that I realized “ oh these people actually really love each other” and started to like it more. By mid season 2, I was obsessed.

So I’m late to “The Crown” (halfway through Season 3). At first I thought the transition to the new actors was a little jarring, but I’m loving the story lines in this season - I never knew that Prince Philip’s mother became a nun!

I also saw where Season 5 will be the last season. And did you notice who has been cast as the “elderly queen”? It’s Imelda Staunton. Dolores Umbridge is the Queen of England!

We had to wait so long between seasons 2 & 3 of The Crown that I find it odd talking about season 5. I do love it though and will watch whenever they get around to dropping new shows.

Just finished watching Season 1 of Next in Fashion on Netflix! Absolutely fabulous! Loved how kind everyone is to each other and loved (almost) all of the contestants. Highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys reality TV “contest” shows!I won’t give it away but the winner was SO deserving!

Has anyone watched Ghost Story with Caseu Affleck? I keep falling asleep. I wonder if I should move on.

@Iglooo I didn’t try to watch Ghost Story since I read a negative review. I haven’t seen Casey in a movie since Manchester by the Sea, which was so sad but worth watching. He is in a movie with Dakota Johnson and Jason Segel, The Friend but I didn’t see it movies or streaming. Also sounds sad but good.

He was SO good in Manchester by the sea!

I’m home with a bad cold and I guiltily admit I binged on Next in Fashion today. The whole season in one fell swoop.

I also enjoyed it, even though I’m sick of Project Runway. There was less drama, more nice-ness, if that’s a word, and I think the clothes were better because the competitors all were simply more accomplished. (Did you notice, I think all but one had their own lines in stores at some point or another?) And yes, the winning look was totally unique, daring and well, fun.

I watched next in fashion with a lot of fast forwarding, but the whole thing was so contrived. Almost as bad as PR. i could not disagree more about the winner.

I’m in the middle of Next in Fashion and I’ll finish it, but to me it seems a total ripoff of Project Runway. I really like Tan in Queer Eye, but I can’t say I like him in this role.

I’m late to the party on The Good Place. DD loved it but I only saw the finale with her. Now I’ve started at the beginning and binging while we are traveling. It’s great airplane fare. It’s kind of funny watching it knowing how it ends but I get a lot of the references now. I thought it was going to be low brow humor but the philosophical aspects are really fascinating.

Boy, that’s for sure! I do like that they streamlined it a bit, there’s less time wasted on drama and on “going to Mood” etc. Another thing I like is that the contestants are provided with expensive materials – they don’t have to “budget” like on PR – so the stuff LOOKS expensive most of the time.

The other really stupid filler was picking the bottom two and then the actual loser stretching that out for minutes, and that whole street wear show nonsense saving the team that had been at the bottom in nearly every challenge? Such contrived drivel. If Netflix are trying to appeal to all types of customer, they had better try being more intelligent. Really, this group of people were mismatched based on technical skills, not vision or design. Stop having people who cannot construct or sew on sewing shows. Because it IS a sewing show, not a design show.

All this stupid nonsense these days drives me crazy. Netflix carried seasons 1-3 of Outlander then…done. If we wait till the predicted pickup time of 2021 for the next ones, we’ll be sitting here going “I don’t remember, who is that, where were they, what happened to…” forcing me to subscribe to Starz which at least has season 4. Ugh.
Remember when TV was free and predictable? LOL.